Road Trip....
Drove around the area, all day.   Lucky for me, there were no yard sales.
Rolleyes ..Lunch was over in Sidney, OH....drove back to Bellefontaine, OH to pick up Grandson when he got off work...then drove north to Lima, OH.....
Cool

North side of Lima, there is a railroad yard....run by the CF&E RY ( old Pennsy RR to Chicago Line)....there was a trainload of "blades".....used for wind turbines, each blade needed 3 flat cars....just under 300' long blades ( didn't stop to ask how they sharpen them..
Rolleyes )

North End of Lima ( along US 309) also has a few strip malls.....in which there was a Hobby Lobby.....dangerous place....
Uhoh

Boss found a few items....as few me? 
Confused

"Needed to...

pick up..

a set of screwdrivers.."
Rolleyes

one: because all those screws are very tiny, and two, because all the sets I see at yard sales are missing the sizes I need...
Winkgrin

$23 and change later..."Best laid plans of mice and men...."
Rolleyes

Well, I did need new hinges for a new box I am making....and some latches to keep the lids closed....and a few handles....Boss may have got me out of the store just in time.....besides, Wall E World's supply of small hinges was....ugly...
Winkgrin

Didn't get any photos of the blades...was driving the van at the time....
No
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Which direction are you headed? If east from Lima, go up to Hartville just east of Akron and stop in Hartville Hardware. Talk about dangerous!
(09-19-2019, 09:56 AM)bandit571 Wrote: North side of Lima, there is a railroad yard....run by the CF&E RY ( old Pennsy RR to Chicago Line)....there was a trainload of "blades".....used for wind turbines, each blade needed 3 flat cars....just under 300' long blades ( didn't stop to ask how they sharpen them..
Rolleyes )

Good thing you didn't ask. You'd still be there listening to the arguments about the best sharpening method. :>)
Akron is a 4 hour drive for me....Lima was 35 miles north from my house.    I also "bypassed" the Harbor Freight store on the east side of Lima. 

Blades are unloaded from a ship up in Toledo, OH.   CSX then hauls the train to Lima, OH.    At the NS Tower (old PRR Passenger Station is nearby the diamond) train is turned over to the CF&E RY engines waiting there.   They turn to the west, and stop in the yard they have near the Cargil Elevator along Rt 309.   Later, a "local" will haul the 18 or so blades to a place near Van Wert, OH....that will unload the blades onto flat bed trailers, and haul them to the jobsites. 

There will be another train, with the gear heads...also headed for the trans-shipper's place.   A Scott Taiple has a few youtube videos of the operations, including drone footage.

Son and Grandson both know all about Hobby Lobby....and how much trouble they can get into....Place is now on the Boss' list of "fun" places to go....
Uhoh
Maybe I'm getting mellow in my old age, because I never could stand the place. A while back I was in there with my daughters and found a whole section with real neat "rustic" styles of coat hooks etc that I thought my be useful for a future project.
When we go up to the mountains, there's a very large wind farm, in an area with plenty of constant wind.  The turbines are up high enough that they don't look huge - until you realize that the delicate little "gallery" on top of the turbine nacelle is railing for the catwalk up top.  I would not want to be the mechanic wandering around up there.
Something like one of these small units?

These two provide 10% of the electric power to Honda Transmission plant just south of  Lakeview,OH...
Came across a yard sale Friday afternoon.....noticed they had a Vintage car they were restoring ( not for sale..DRAT)...didn't have the camera along...
Kind of a silver-gray colour...chrome door over the gas cap.....side vents were also chrome....2 doors, you had to fold the front seats forward, to get into the back seats..

1959 Silver Hawk, by Studebaker.....

Oh well...and, I didn't have any room for the homemade tablesaw they were selling for $25....