Shop Lights
Looking for some 8 foot LED shop lights (plug in style, hanging mount). Any brands that are good, any to stay away from? Amazon has plenty of choices that seem to get good reviews, but I'm wondering if you guys recommend anything specific.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Another source is eledlights.com. I have no association with them except that I bought 4ft magnetic strips to retrofit suspended ceiling fixtures, very simple quick installation, no ballast, no tubes.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
I bought a bunch of them from Costco, can't remember the brand.... $20 each, liked the first batch so much I bought more.  They go on sale from time to time.

Edit, just checked, on sale now, Fein electric:  https://www.costco.com/Feit-4'-Linkable-...62723.html

I might go and buy a few more....

Second edit:  Oh, you wanted 8 foot, sorry.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Here's a link covering the topic from about six months ago

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...hop+lights
I bought a bunch of the Costco lights when they were on sale 2 years ago. They are fantastic, and so far I haven't had any failures. Tahnks to Admiral for the heads up, I do need a few more. At the time I wasn't a Costco member and joined just for those lights (I needed a lot of them), but I think non members can buy them and pay a small surcharge (5%). As for  4' versus 8' these are linkable, so you can daisy chain them to 8'.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have 8' fixtures also.  Did not know there are 8' led bulbs until I was at a friend's welding business.  He had an electrician convert all fixtures.  The amount of light was shocking.  Not too long ago I put in new bulbs so I'm going to wait a while before changing.

I still have a lot to learn about color, brightness, type of bulb, and rewiring….so I'm watching this post with great interest!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Another Costco led light user here.

Waited til they were on sale, on two different occasions, and
bought a dozen in total, eight of which light up my 20 x 20 foot
wood shop.

Never had a problem with any of them, and they have been up
several years now.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I'm thinking about these.  Not a bad price in a four-pack.

https://www.amazon.com/Linkable-FaithSai...07TPMVCV6/
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I replaced mine last year. My local wholesaler ran the numbers in a software he had. I used six 2x4 lights in my 36x36 shop. 110 watts each and my shop is as well lit as a sunny day. Came with mounting hardware and very easy to hang. Supposed to last 50,000 hours. They were high bay and I hung them 11 ft. high. At $90 each they were probably the best investment I have made in the shop.
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!
Between the the shop and garage I have 12 Costco shop lights. There are two 'tubes' in each fixture, each tube having four LED segments. Got one unit with a bad segment after a year or so of heavy use. Other than that I am very happy.