Problem with a sagging door...
Are you sure it is the door at fault and not the foundation?

My rear door which is over a deck in the rear of the house had periodic sagging issues.  A new post with deeper footings resolved this issue. 

On an old edition of "This Old House" they had to break through the basement slab, put in a deep footing and then jack up the house to resolve a similar issue. 

If it is a foundation issue, then adjusting the door in the frame is a temporary fix.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(10-07-2019, 11:13 AM)Cooler Wrote: Are you sure it is the door at fault and not the foundation?

My rear door which is over a deck in the rear of the house had periodic sagging issues.  A new post with deeper footings resolved this issue. 

On an old edition of "This Old House" they had to break through the basement slab, put in a deep footing and then jack up the house to resolve a similar issue. 

If it is a foundation issue, then adjusting the door in the frame is a temporary fix.

I would bet it is something do with the floor if the reveal remains unchanged.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Try replacing a couple of the top hinge jamb screws with screws long enough to enter the stud.  This will usually suck the jamb in a bit just enough to raise the opposite corner of the door. 

BTW, I do this on all exterior doors now because I've seen the hinge screws fail more than once.
(10-09-2019, 09:18 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Try replacing a couple of the top hinge jamb screws with screws long enough to enter the stud.  This will usually suck the jamb in a bit just enough to raise the opposite corner of the door. 

BTW, I do this on all exterior doors now because I've seen the hinge screws fail more than once.

I had to do this with all my interior doors as well - we have heavy 3 panel solid core doors and all the id10ts that installed them used were the short hinge plate screws supplied. After about 5-6 years they ALL started to sag, a box of long screws later they were all nice and straight.
(10-10-2019, 08:16 AM)vernonator Wrote: I had to do this with all my interior doors as well - we have heavy 3 panel solid core doors and all the id10ts that installed them used were the short hinge plate screws supplied. After about 5-6 years they ALL started to sag, a box of long screws later they were all nice and straight.

Just had to fix a basement door with sag issues....top hinge screws were #10x3" and stripped out, larger screws are a temporary fix as you don't get full thread engagment because the #8 screws stripped out too.

I drilled the holes out to 3/8", gorrilla glued in hardwood dowels 2" long and started over with #8's in a virgin hole.

Ed
They make some fairly pricey hinges that are adjustable.  The cheapest I've seen are about $60.00 and they allow you to adjust the gaps with an allen wrench or screwdriver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bcHqfR2Pwo
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.