"Shifting Meridian"
Hello everyone Here is my latest piece,
" Shifting Meridian"
stands 22 inches tall and is 9 inches at it's widest point. It is made from Walnut with cherry strips and it has a lacquer finish. The open air ribs are over 2 1/2 inches long and 5/16 of an inch wide. This was my biggest challenge yet for a open air project.
https://www.facebook.com/serenityartisans/

Attached Files Image(s)

Does anyone know how the make the photos vertical ? 
After resizing them they were this way I rotated them in my file but when posted them here they moved back?
Very nice, Great work and awesome design. Might steal it if thats ok.
Rotated for easier view.
Beautiful piece.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very impressive work!                                                         .
(10-11-2019, 02:38 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Does anyone know how the make the photos vertical ? 
After resizing them they were this way I rotated them in my file but when posted them here they moved back?

I've noticed that pics come out sideways if I hold the phone in landscape so I rotate the pic to make it look right. When I actually use that pic someplace, sometimes its right and sometimes its turned. If so, I have to turn it again. Then twice more if I turned it the wrong direction.

I haven't deduced a consistent behavior yet. Its still trial and error and error and error.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
If you rotate the photo in a viewer app, then the viewer app will know to display the orientation, however the actual file is the same. To really change the orientation, open the photo in some picture program, like Photoshop and what I do is copy and paste and rotate and save as a new file. Works for me, anyway.

Beautiful work of art you made. Well done.
That's beautiful, Bruce!

I'll bet the glue-up was fun... 
Winkgrin

Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Thank you everyone There a few sites I have this issue it's something to do w/ the metadata, you are suppose to be able to remove it or change it in photoshop....I'm not that good w/ that sort of thing...I really need to learn more. Here are a few shots of the glue up and the piece on the lathe.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the pics, Bruce!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."