Jet JJP 12HH issue
Thanks for posting the reply,  it will help others who run into the same problem.
I installed a Byrd shelix on mine (wanted to go with the actual Jet head but at the time it was back ordered in perpetuity and I didn’t want to wait) and had to adjust my tables.

Greg, I don’t have a problem with the machine being underpowered after the conversion. Could you elaborate more? Is the depth of cut reduced?
-Marc

(10-26-2019, 08:10 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I installed a Byrd shelix on mine (wanted to go with the actual Jet head but at the time it was back ordered in perpetuity and I didn’t want to wait) and had to adjust my tables.

Greg, I don’t have a problem with the machine being underpowered after the conversion. Could you elaborate more? Is the depth of cut reduced?

I've heard both sides of that argument. Byrd says the feed speed doesn't need to be changed. Others say shelix type heads require more power so slow the feed down. Maybe if you're one who does shallow cuts as a matter of course it doesn't matter. I guess if it works don't mess with it.