Good starter turning set
I would suggest getting some free turning tool catalogs so can compare prices of bowl turning tools.

I have been buying my turning tools from Crafts Supplies USA and Packard Woodworks for more than twenty years. While Packard still offers a free catalog not sure about CS but can ask. Packard does offer discounts if buy more than one tool but see catalog or ask, same with CS.

This is Packard’s house brand”
http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant...tools-pkrd

http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant...de=packard

https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/b/39/...pplies-usa
At one time Artisan turning tool offered by CS was a real bargain not so sure anymore.

There are some less expensive options out there too today! Which are fine for starting out learning to turn and resharpen!

Penn State Industries turning tools less expensive but lesser quality. Mostly sell pen turning kits & supplies buy also inexpensive turning tools.
https://www.pennstateind.com/store/woodt...tools.html

Hurricane tools sold on line only and no catalog.
https://www.thewoodturningstore.com/hand...ing-tools/

Again only buy individual tools, understand that depending upon maker could American size & European size sizes. If buy American sized bowl gouge 1/2” to is 1/2” and European sized bould gouge is 1/8” larger a 3/8” bowl gouge actually 1/2”. Spindle gouges will be actual size stated.

I can turn a bowl start to finish with 1/2" bowl gouge but do have larger 5/8" too, have some scrapers and they are all heavy duty.
Bill
I started turning on a HF34706 with their good starter set. I still use a gouge and skew from that set. I have added individual tools from Sorby and Thompson tools along with a new PM3520 lathe.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Check ebay too..
With carbide turning tools becoming more popular, there's lots of deals to be found on traditional turning tools (skew, gouge, etc)
Would never recommend buying conventional or carbide tools off E-Bay just starting out turning wood. Yes may run into a deal but many of woodturning tools are carbon steel or shop meet quality, and actual HSS tools used or same price from other turning tool vendors. Carbide tools merely scrapers while good for roughing cuts need different cutters to get an off the tool finish with practice. There are discount carbide cutter sellers out there if make your own handles not a bad op!

Biggest advantage of carbide cutters they excel when turning dense exotic woods, and bone, really tear up softer woods. It’s true you can tough up the edge of carbide tools with diamond card but only so much before have to buy new.

Think you’ll find conventional HSS steel if kept sharp will give you cleaner cuts and better bargain in the long run. Yes may have to resharpen often but tool longevity much better.
Bill
(10-14-2019, 10:29 AM)Wildwood Wrote: Would never recommend buying conventional or carbide tools off E-Bay just starting out turning wood. 

I meant, buy a used "name brand" tool, like Crown or Sorby.
I agree, not a good idea to buy a no-name brand.
I started out with harbor freight tool to learn wood turning and learn how to sharpen. The red handled ones were HSS tools more for spindle turn than any thing else. I have since upgraded to better tools and reshaped the harbor fr. tools for other cuttings. I even picked up a set at auction cheap and repurposed them. Good cheap way to start into this hobby without grinding away expensive chisels. I saw the red handled ones at the store for I think $90. 

Enjoy this hobby and good luck.
When I started, I bought a Pinnacle 5/8" bowl gouge and used only that for several years. Later came a 3/8" bowl gouge, a parting tool, a hollowing gouge, and a big heavy spindle roughing gouge. I got each one as I developed enough to see the need and the skill to put it to use. I still think I did the right thing and in the right order.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
As stated above good High speed steel will give better cuts than carbide. That being said carbide does have its place in woodturning. I turn a lot of corian and use carbide for that. Usually the last cut or 2 with HSS. Saves a lot of time.sharpening. Alo use carbide for initial roughing of any wood with bark or possible dirt in cracks. Again to save on sharpening. Only use HSS steel on my segmented woodturnings. Again depends on the kind of turning you plan on doing. I haven't used a spindle gouge in years. It just sits there collecting dust. A lot of my HSS comes from England, but I am sure there are many other good ones available. I have also heard that the Harbor Freight set is a decent value and you won't mind grinding off a little steel while you are learning to sharpen. I have no personal experience with them. As in most woodworking sharp tools will make a world of difference.
Thank you all for your insight, very helpful
Bruce.