"Celtic Pride"
Hello once again everyone here's my latest piece

"Celtic Pride"  It's Teak with a hand cut Mahogany inlay turned, then a hand carved Celtic Knot rim (Both Sides) and burned inside edges for shading. The finish is Tru-Oil and this piece finished just under 12" diameter x 1 3/4" deep.

Attached Files Image(s)

That is an exceptional piece.
Can you tell us about carving the celtic knot ?
(10-29-2019, 01:41 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Hello once again everyone here's my latest piece

"Celtic Pride"  It's Teak with a hand cut Mahogany inlay turned, then a hand carved Celtic Knot rim (Both Sides) and burned inside edges for shading. The finish is Tru-Oil and this piece finished just under 12" diameter x 1 3/4" deep.

now that is just awsome
(10-29-2019, 11:52 PM)wood-chips Wrote: That is an exceptional piece.
Can you tell us about carving the celtic knot ?

Thank you Wood-chips I think it would be easier to show some photos while carving first and if you still have questions I'll gladly answer them.
But first the knot was hand drawn by me then carve by hand using these knifes  https://www.amazon.com/Flexcut-Carving-S...167&sr=8-6

The harp inlay was done by hand no CNC I used a Dremel w/ a cutter and a base to cut the inlay to a pencil line. Here are a few shots while carving.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome piece. Very fine detail
Beautiful piece! You are an artist!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
This is a masterpiece. Wonderful!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
That looks like a lot of effort
Cellulose runs through my veins!
One of the nicest pieces I've seen.  Truly a work of art.  
Congratulations.
Thank you everyone for the very nice comments, more yet to come three new pieces in the works.