chimey mortor crown repair.. wowza
Sounds like they did a good job.

If I’d had hired them, I’d consider it a win.

Of course, had I hired them they’d likely have burned my house down.

Me <- Bad luck with contractors.
Always had garage doors with expansion springs, which I could change. Present house has torsion springs on an old(possibly 1965 wood door). I used to help company carpenters change torsion springs(made the rods out of rebar), so knew how. But, how many turns is fairly critical and this door has two different length spring, so when one broke, I called the pro. He was surprised when I specified changing both springs, but the cost for the other w/labor was less than a service call---no brainer.
My impression is that garage door companies work for cheap.  They want to sell you stuff for $$.
"All's well that ends well" - Shakespeare

Doug
Chimney Cap brings back nightmare working with chimney sweep, and mason when I was 30 tears old.
Had to use 50' magnesium ladder to reach top of tall approx. 3' wide chimney. Had less than 6" on each side of ladder!
And could only put base of ladder about 6' from the building!
Another time on ladder trying to pull brush up, it got stuck. Boss said to climb on top of chimney and use my legs to pull it up.
I climbed down and told him to have the guy pulling the brush down to do it. He was a Fireman working a 2nd job.
Then I got a real job!
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(11-25-2019, 10:18 PM)Pirate Wrote: Had to use 50' magnesium ladder to reach top of tall approx. 3' wide chimney. Had less than 6" on each side of ladder!
And could only put base of ladder about 6' from the building!

I'd have been shaking so bad that ladder would have hopped off the chimney.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

You're lucky. I have a 18x18 brick chimney in this old house that used to serve a pot belly stove in the center of the house.
The ground is shifting underneath and affecting a wall, so I have to remove it completely. It's hidden behind the walls of course.
Never a dull moment around here.
A friend had a chimney collapse.  Set him off on a big renovation project.  I wish I had an excuse like that, everyone thinks I'm nuts to want to tear down our chimney.  but it makes the whole house colder.