Knife block build (pic heavy)
Nice looking knife holder and nice use of wood.
My foodie son looked at that and commented that there’s a car’s worth of knives in that picture !!!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Since counter-space is frequently at a premium, I think this design holds a lot of knives with a minimal foot print. 

At one time I considered making a knife block that mounted under cabinet and was just one knife high and spread across the underside of a couple of uppers.  I got distracted with other projects so that never got made.

A really nice job with a really nice design.  Well done.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Wild Turkey Wrote:My foodie son looked at that and commented that there’s a car’s worth of knives in that picture !!!

Haha, maybe if the car is a 1995 Toyota Corolla with 250k miles on it.

A few of the knives are in the $100-$200 range. Then there's about five $10 "guest knives". A couple others in the $50 range. Most of the rest are (low cost) eBay rescues/projects, including one of the nakiris (one of my favorite knives in the set). So, while the set isn't the lowest cost option, there are certainly MUCH more expensive options/sets/collections

Like with woodworking tools, I certainly have an appreciation for well made (kitchen) tools.

Tyler
very neat solution to clamping a tapered item.

Beautiful wood!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)