Anyone make Tumi Ishi blocks here?
(11-17-2019, 10:16 AM)fall Wrote: Just wondering how much they sold for and what people will pay for scrap sanded down?? 
Rolleyes
 On Amazon a 7pc set sells for 19.99, 11pcs 29.99. And up from there for large size sets.

We sold 9pcs for 20 and 11pcs for 25.  Have calls this morning for 3 more sets. Will make the family Christmas sets 22 pcs each.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
They sell on Amazon so your price guide is right there.

I think one of the keys to making these of maximum interest is to use a variety of species. Few people walk past a pile of them without stopping for a closer look.

If you sell or gift sets, including a cloth bag or something similar is almost required.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
That’s exactly what we did.  My wife the seamstress made a bag for each set. Each set had several species of wood. You’re right, people would look the blocks all over. I have 5 32 gallon trash cans filled with a variety of species and sizes of wood scraps. That should take me a while to make into sets.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
(07-17-2021, 05:11 AM)Eric4444 Wrote: website where you can buy tumi ishi wooden toys with confidence
DELETED

SPAMMER

BAM
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I have been going fishing in northwest Ontario for 30+ years. (not last year or this year either, unfortunatly]All along the roads and even some of the lakes you will see piles of native rocks stacked up. From what I understand these were first used by the first nation people to comunicate something to others who came along. Now I am pretty sure a lot of them are done by tourists stretching their legs and copying something they have seen.
(07-17-2021, 02:18 PM)Turner52 Wrote: I have been going fishing in northwest Ontario for 30+ years. (not last year or this year either, unfortunatly]All along the roads and even some of the lakes you will see piles of native rocks stacked up. From what I understand these were first used  by the first nation people to comunicate something to others who came along. Now I am pretty sure a lot of them are  done by tourists stretching their legs and copying something they have seen.

Stacks of stones are often referred to as “cairns” and are commonly seen on hiking trails, especially above the tree line. They serve as guideposts and markers for the trail when there is no obviously visible path. I grew up hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire where they are everywhere on rock mountain tops.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(11-15-2019, 03:59 PM)med-one Wrote: They look to me like Pet rock's or blocks.

That was my thought exactly.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11