Anyone make Tumi Ishi blocks here?
  Re: RE: Anyone make Tumi Ishi blocks here? by fall ([quote='stoppy' pid=...)
(11-17-2019, 11:16 AM)fall Wrote: Just wondering how much they sold for and what people will pay for scrap sanded down??  Rolleyes
 On Amazon a 7pc set sells for 19.99, 11pcs 29.99. And up from there for large size sets.

We sold 9pcs for 20 and 11pcs for 25.  Have calls this morning for 3 more sets. Will make the family Christmas sets 22 pcs each.
Jim

Remember the bird has a right wing and a left wing and uses both to fly. 
  Re: Anyone make Tumi Ishi blocks here? by stoppy (Saw an article where...)
They sell on Amazon so your price guide is right there.

I think one of the keys to making these of maximum interest is to use a variety of species. Few people walk past a pile of them without stopping for a closer look.

If you sell or gift sets, including a cloth bag or something similar is almost required.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
  Re: Anyone make Tumi Ishi blocks here? by stoppy (Saw an article where...)
That’s exactly what we did.  My wife the seamstress made a bag for each set. Each set had several species of wood. You’re right, people would look the blocks all over. I have 5 32 gallon trash cans filled with a variety of species and sizes of wood scraps. That should take me a while to make into sets.
Jim

Remember the bird has a right wing and a left wing and uses both to fly.