Electrical run ideas needed
I think it might actually be tougher to connect conduit to an existing box, through a small slot, than to just work at a respectable patch of a hole or two.
sounds like you should just call an electrician and have them do it. Job done!
(11-09-2019, 06:52 PM)Scouter Wrote: I want to run a new outlet off of an existing one in my kitchen, need to go through 3 studs. Here's the problems:

- The attic is sealed off, so I can't go up
- It's an addition sitting on top of a concrete slab, so I can't go down
- The space between the studs are filled with fiberglass insulation, so going through is going to be a PIA

I don't know if this idea is code or not, can I use a router to open a channel from the existing outlet to the new one, run the wire, then plaster over the opening? My thought was to use a bit to open the channel just wide enough for the wire, just deep enough to reach the studs. I'm not real good with drywall, so opening it up large, filling in with drywall, then mudding it up so the seam doesn't show would be difficult for me. Filling in a small channel with plaster would be much easier for me.

Any other ideas?

is it an exterior wall?  Do it from the outside - whatever holes you make can be covered up with siding and paint.  No mess on the inside of the house!
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
Thanks for all the ideas. I went with the metal conduit, 1-1/2" channel and 3/4" through the studs. Getting ready to do the plastering this weekend.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!