source for square drive screws.
I need to restock my supply of square drives.  I have used McFeeleys

in the past but have heard their quality has nosedived after several acquisitions.  What source do you all use out there?  I have had it with the box store screws.  Thanks..
WWhardware.com.    They sell Deerwood screws that I've found top quality and have them in square drive.

Big discounts on quantities.   No matter if I've ordered one of a thing or 1000, order is always correctly filled.

Only problem I have with them is that they only carry #8 screws in Deerwood flat head.  <-- clarify: they carry lots of different types of screws but if you want the Deerwood flat head square drive wood screws, they only stock them in #8 in a variety of lengths.

add:
My local cabinet supply house carries Deerwood in pre-packaged boxes called "Woodmaster" (the size of Costco's M&Ms, if you are familiar with that).   It's a fixed price per box ~$10 and quantity per box is related to length (fewer in longer lengths).   But they are that person "squipps" drive that I, too don't care much for.  I've just seen then on the display there and not bought any yet.   But it's convenient enough if I just need one size not to put in an order and pay shipping.  http://www.panamericanscrew.com/products...OGRAM.aspx

[Image: JAR_PROGRAM_s.jpg]
I buy screws from CSHardware. (Drawer slides too)
-Marc

I still buy from McFeelys on occasion. I'm not sure the quality on everything has nosedived, but on some things it has (cabinet hangers come to mind). The regular screws I use seem to be as they always were. But what had went downhill big time was their CS. So it depends on what you're after whether you should use them. I did also try a place called Quickscrews, found their prices good but most of their screws seem to be the cob o drive type....something I don't like. My next order may be with WWhardware, I've used them for other stuff in the past and found their service and prices to be great. Same with CS Hardware, but generally their selection isn't as large.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
https://www.baersupply.com/baer/responsive/wg-index.jsp
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Not sure of the quality as I still buy my screws by the pound down at the local hardware. Don't forget to double bag them dangit.
This is my source for bolts, and I see they also sell square drive wood screws in #10 as well...Bolt Depot
It seems like decent prices...

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Around the Midwest, Menards has Combo Deck Screws that have Square drive.  They also carry Kreg Screws in regular and Heavy Duty type.  I do have Star Drive from Home Depot Deck Screws and GRK Construction Screws. I like that the GRK have a washer like head. Dan
I bought a sample of phillips screws from quickscews.com, and have had no complaints.

they also sell square drive

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(11-13-2019, 04:00 PM)meackerman Wrote: I bought a sample of phillips screws from quickscews.com, and have had no complaints.

they also sell square drive

needs and "r"
Laugh

https://www.quickscrews.com/
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)