12", 80T sliding miter saw blade?
Any recommendations for a 12", 80T sliding miter saw blade?  Negative hook is still preferred, right?
I have this blade.  It is pretty good and fairly cheap:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3H...UTF8&psc=1

I have a (I believe) a 96 tooth blade for my sliding table saw that cuts much smoother but cost over $200.00.  I don't know if the smoothness is a product of the saw or the blade however. 

But unless you are working with pre-finished moulding that level of smooth cut is not really required.  The sliding table saw that I have is a dedicated 45 degree miter saw built for the picture framing industry.  When I had my frame shop almost 100% of the mouldings were pre-finished. 

The Freud 100 tooth should work well for you.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I bought this 60 tooth a couple of weeks ago for 23 bucks on sale at Amazon
The reviews were good, so I said what the hay. I see the price has gone back up to 31.00 ... It is still worth it. It cuts really well.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Thanks!  I decided to go with the Dewalt DW7296PT.  $65 on Amazon.  96 tooth and -5 degree hook.
(11-14-2019, 04:06 PM)rschissler Wrote: Thanks!  I decided to go with the Dewalt DW7296PT.  $65 on Amazon.  96 tooth and -5 degree hook.

I bought a Freud negative hook angle dado set for my radial arm saw.  It cut so much more cleanly than the Freud stacked dado set (positive hook angle) I had for my table saw that it is now the only one I use.  It does require a slower feed though.  But very clean edges on plywood.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(11-14-2019, 04:06 PM)rschissler Wrote: Thanks!  I decided to go with the Dewalt DW7296PT.  $65 on Amazon.  96 tooth and -5 degree hook.

My experience with 96 tooth blades was they are OK with softwoods and small cross section hardwoods, but they bog down and burn in really dense hardwood or large cross section hardwoods.  The 60 tooth Makita blade recommended above works really well for 95% of my needs and replaced the 60 tooth stock Bosch blade that came on my saw.  I never expected that blade to cut smooth enough for furniture work but it did.  Picture frame and similar work, sure, 80 teeth or higher.  For everything else, something around 60 teeth was a better choice for me.  

John
Makita A-93712 12-Inch 60 Tooth Micro Polished Mitersaw Blade
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc
Return eligible through Nov 30, 2019

$22.99
Condition: New

I see It's up to 39 dollars now.
Winkgrin

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(11-14-2019, 07:09 PM)jteneyck Wrote: My experience with 96 tooth blades was they are OK with softwoods and small cross section hardwoods, but they bog down and burn in really dense hardwood or large cross section hardwoods.  The 60 tooth Makita blade recommended above works really well for 95% of my needs and replaced the 60 tooth stock Bosch blade that came on my saw.  I never expected that blade to cut smooth enough for furniture work but it did.  Picture frame and similar work, sure, 80 teeth or higher.  For everything else, something around 60 teeth was a better choice for me.  

John

+1
I use a 10" blade on my 12" ras. Not sure if a 12" miter saw can use a 10" blade.
The best blade I have found is a Craftsman Titanium 10" 90 tooth.
Polished cuts. Love it.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
As a finish carpenter / contractor I use the Diablo they’re reliable the quality is good and if they get messed up you don’t get too mad because the price isn’t through the roof. In my shop... I’ve always wanted to try a Forrest
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry