Ow Ow Ow Ow - Bad Router Choices
(11-17-2019, 10:46 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Yep. I'm wondering if it was my initial calm that didn't fully register with her.  Perhaps if I'd come in hot from the get-go, it might have gotten the sink going sooner.  Either way, I'd probably still be in the dog house.

LOM and I are 30 years in, and I'm not ashamed to own up when I've behaved badly.  And it happens more often than it should.  But you ought not be the one in the doghouse here.  
No

I woulda turned the GD sink on myself, making sure I bled all over something important.  
Yes   But hey... we all do what we gotta do.

And sorry about your pinky!
I have 10 fingers, but only one wife. Sometimes I have to pick my battles. On the plus side, it's nothing a little Super Glue couldn't fix, fortunately.

[Image: vindesk50.JPG]

I'm not sure if it played a factor in limiting the severity of my pinky mangling or not, but I operate my router with a momentary foot switch, and I stepped off it the instant the board caught, so it wasn't spinning at full speed when my finger hit it.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
I finally read this.   I thought for sure from your first post that your pinky would have looked a lot worse than it does in the last photo.  I'm sure it still hurt like heck and blood went flying everywhere, but I'm glad you still have a full finger.  

Now about what you were doing.  The only way I know of to safely climb cut on a router table is with a power feeder.  

John
Best way to climb cut with a router is to mount it in a CNC.
VH07V  
(11-24-2019, 03:14 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: I have 10 fingers, but only one wife.  Sometimes I have to pick my battles.  On the plus side, it's nothing a little Super Glue couldn't fix, fortunately.

[Image: vindesk50.JPG]

I'm not sure if it played a factor in limiting the severity of my pinky mangling or not, but I operate my router with a momentary foot switch, and I stepped off it the instant the board caught, so it wasn't spinning at full speed when my finger hit it.

Would you recommend sticking with the thick CA for this application?

I was expecting much worse. thanks for that desk thread, my daughter is going to need one soon.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Uggh. I cringed reading (and then seeing) that. Hope you heal fast.

I nearly sliced the meaty tip of my left pointer finger last night opening an Amzon package envelope with a kitchen knife (at inlaws and couldnt find the scissors). I'll spare you all the pics, but there was a flappy piece. Yeah, I wont do that again.
(11-27-2019, 08:00 PM)Cian Wrote: Uggh. I cringed reading (and then seeing) that. Hope you heal fast.

I nearly sliced the meaty tip of my left pointer finger last night opening an Amzon package envelope with a kitchen knife (at inlaws and couldnt find the scissors).  I'll spare you all the pics, but there was a flappy piece.  Yeah, I wont do that again.

you need a pocket knife, keep it sharp
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.