B&D random orbit sander parts...
I have a black and decker Random orbit sander model Bder0600 that has the hook and loop detaching from the pad.

I tried cyanoacrylate type glue to get it back together and that has failed multiple times.

I tried the local Lowe’s and neither of the Dewalt pads they sell fits.

Checked online and the replacement is about $20 with shipping or higher.

A replacement sander is only $27 from Amazon or $30 at Lowe’s (down to $27 with veterans discount)

I hate to throw away an otherwise functional sander but if parts are that expensive then it’s almost not worth repairing.

Lowe’s also sells a glue kit with new Velcro but I’m not taking that chance for $16.

Searching through the questions on other sanding pads on Amazon reveals that there is a ryobi pad that fits for $15/pair.
I have ordered those and will see if they fit.
Try epoxy................
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(11-20-2019, 10:48 AM)JDuke Wrote: I have a black and decker Random orbit sander model Bder0600 ...

Checked online and the replacement is about $20 with shipping or higher.
$14.66 for a pair from Amazon (free shipping/returns are stated?):
https://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-300527002-S...r=1-1&th=1
Scrolling down to the review section shows a few customer images ...
One of those shows your sander with these pads as a "direct replacement" by "Miffy".

Although as stated above ... Epoxy would likely withstand the heat generated by sanding over other adhesives.
~Dan.
Dan those are the ones that I mentioned ordering in the last line of the original post.

Thanks for the link, I’m sure it will help someone else out.

Duke
(11-20-2019, 10:22 PM)JDuke Wrote: Dan those are the ones that I mentioned ordering in the last line of the original post.

Thanks for the link, I’m sure it will help someone else out.

Duke

Yes you did, haha.
When the page loaded on my computer, those lines appear below the screen image ...
I didn't scroll down and missed them.
doh.

Anyway, hope they work out for you!
~Dan.
There's a Ebay seller that sells pads for 10.00 with free shipping.
I've had one on a Bosch 6" for a couple of years now.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020