Menards LED shop light?
Looking to see better in the shop.
Anyone here have experience with LED shop lights from Menards like the link below?
Worth the $?
Suggestions are welcome!
Thanks
Ray

https://www.menards.com/main/lighting-ce...921&ipos=1
Ray
To me $50+ per fixture is high.

Costco has these...Feits, two fixtures for $60. They used to go on sale for $40 but have not seen that in a while. Costco

Amazon has these, they look just like the Feits and the specs look identical. Another Woodnetter recommended them. Six fixtures for $120. Amazon

Take a look at this older thread on the subject Shop lights
Forgot to mention I have the Costco lights in the garage and shop. Very pleased.
I also have the Costco lights, but they only put out 3700 lumens, and don't have the motion switch (do you really want/need that). But I'd bet the higher output of the Menards (and that sensor) is what makes it a higher price. One thing about Menard's, they do back up their stuff...so if you get one and it isn't what you want they take it back.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I bought the 4000 lumens (I think) and they really added a lot of light.  I have 4 of them plus other lights.  I am going to replace all my lights with LED's from Menard's.  I am not a Cosco member so Menard's it is for me. 

I first bought 2 for my wife's laundry room - really impressed at the light.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I use the Menards 5000 lumen tread plate shop lights.  The wife uses them over her sewing and cutting areas, much more light than the florescent fixtures. They do not have the motion sensor like the one you linked to  They do have cord , switch and plug with a receptacle for end to end connections.    I will buy more as the old fixtures die.   Cost a lot less than the ones you linked.   Menards® SKU: 3481440 are the ones I have.  Roly
That was probably not the best product to link. I would like the motion activation feature in the laundry area as those lights tend to get left on, but that's not a seller or deal braker either way.

I found that there's lumens and then there's kelvin - and it's getting like one needs a freakin' electrical engineering degree to buy a light bulb anymore.

More lumens are good, to a point. I'd like to have 4-5k lumens in the shop light. Also going to get some for the laundry room area.

But then there's kelvin. According to at least one source I found, Kelvins over 4k will get bluish. Less than 3k will be more yellowish. We won't want those and favor more of a plain white. The cheap ones I found on Amazon are way over 4000 kelvin. So I think I'll be looking for something in the 3500-4000 kelvin range.

We just let our SamsCult membership expire. They're not as great as they used to be imho, so we are considering a Cosco membership.
Maybe their lights will be a great way to break us in.
Ray
Yes, those are the ones I really want. 5000 lumens. 4000 kelvin.
How long have you had them? Any issues?
Thanks
Ray
Ray
(11-21-2019, 09:47 AM)DogwoodTales Wrote: Yes, those are the ones I really want. 5000 lumens. 4000 kelvin.
How long have you had them? Any issues?
Thanks
Ray

I have had them over a year. They work fine. the only problem one was missing the hanging chain,  Menards sent me the part with no problem.  Have 5 of them.  Roly
(11-21-2019, 09:44 AM)DogwoodTales Wrote: .....................T

But then there's kelvin. According to at least one source I found, Kelvins over 4k will get bluish. Less than 3k will be more yellowish. We won't want those and favor more of a plain white. The cheap ones I found on Amazon are way over 4000 kelvin. So I think I'll be looking for something in the 3500-4000 kelvin range.

I'm partial to the 4k lamps, they seem pure white to me. Much less than 4K is yellowish, more than 5K seems bluish.