Ridgid Drill Press Tension Lever - will not move
I can get the tension to wiggle a hair but then it runs into hard metallic stops.  Have no idea what to do other than beat on it and I am sure that will not help.

Also - seems there is no chuck key. What size do I need?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Questions like this will get more responses if you include more information like which Rigid drill press you own. That said I do have a suggestion on your tension problem. 

Many two and three pulley setup drill presses use a belt tension lever as you describe. Either to pivot the center pulley or the motor and rear pulley assembly. Most all of these have a thumb screw or knob to lock them once adjusted. Does your drill press have a lock and is it loose?
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
As for your chuck key, one method is to use drill bits as a gauge to figure out which one fits into the pivot hole on the chuck. It may be 1/4" or 9/32" or 3/8" or something else. Then go to a good hardware store or big box store and buy a replacement with that size pivot and the teeth should match up. With all the Chinese makers of chucks out there this is not 100 percent guaranteed to work.

Second method is to order a replacement from Home Depot for your particular drill press.
(11-23-2019, 08:24 AM)KyleD Wrote: Questions like this will get more responses if you include more information like which Rigid drill press you own. That said I do have a suggestion on your tension problem. 

Many two and three pulley setup drill presses use a belt tension lever as you describe. Either to pivot the center pulley or the motor and rear pulley assembly. Most all of these have a thumb screw or knob to lock them once adjusted. Does your drill press have a lock and is it loose?

DP 15501
Lock is hanging by a thread - way loose.
Will have to check motor mounts - they may be locked down too tight. The center pulley just sits loose - nothing to move.
Had no idea that the picot hole was how to measure these things - thanks
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
There's a lock knob on both sides of the DP for that belt tension mechanism.

If it still won't move, perhaps someone bore down too much on the knob and buggered up the shaft. Maybe the belt is too big and the motor shaft is hitting the sheet metal opening inside the pulley compartment.

Are you sure that's not a keyless chuck - that's what they came with.?
(11-23-2019, 07:48 PM)daddo Wrote: There's a lock knob on both sides of the DP for that belt tension mechanism.

If it still won't move, perhaps someone bore down too much on the knob and buggered up the shaft. Maybe the belt is too big and the motor shaft is hitting the sheet metal opening inside the pulley compartment.

Are you sure that's not a keyless chuck - that's what they came with.?

It's possible but the unit was still in original packaging when I started assembly and the lock screw was lose.

It is a keyed chuck. I suppose I could get a keyless to fit but a key is cheaper.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(11-23-2019, 09:28 PM)cputnam Wrote:   I suppose I could get a keyless to fit but a key is cheaper.

Unless buying a quality chuck (expensive) stick with the keyed chucks. There are manufacturing nuances and tolerances that many cheap keyless chucks do not attain. Many either do not grip well or self tighten to the point a pipe wrench is needed to loosen them.