Table saw..bosch or dewalt? Lowes has a sale.
I have the slightly older version of the Bosch.  For the little bit I have used it, I like it.  There are more choices, depending on price and features you may want to look at them all before you decide.

https://www.toolboxbuzz.com/head-to-head...d-to-head/

I have seen that video before.. I dont always trust video or article reviews. 

I am not interested in the scissor type stands.

I went and looked a little bit ago. Went to lowes and the floor model of the dewalt was bent...the legs go into some sort of yellow sheet steel looking bracket and it surely seems like a weak spot which I feared.  I liked the bosch. I liked the bosch 10 years ago too. Went to home depot and they were out of stock...but the floor model was beat up.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
While it may not be a permanent interest--that Bosch Gravity Rise Stand is a sweet piece of work for portable tools. I shuddered when i bought one for a miter saw--but have been pleased ever since. Works great and is easy to move. I'd buy another at full price--and would not hesitate on a used one at 60% or so, probably a little higher.
earl
I have owned both the DeWalt and the Bosch sliding compound miter saws. When I merged my two shops, I kept the Bosch and sold the DeWalt. The Bosch is much easier to set up in any direction, smoother operating.
There are some negative reviews on the new 4100-10.

Says to expect low motor life. Hmm
(11-27-2019, 09:53 AM)Scott W Wrote: There are some negative reviews on the new 4100-10.

Says to expect low motor life. Hmm

The version I got was the 4100-09. The few changes the newer one has are more plastic in the blade guard IIRC. Otherwise its pretty much the same. I hadn't read about any issues with the motor life. The gravity rise stand is nice once you get the hang of it.
The new one is two inches shorter in height too. Not concerned about that though.

Here is link to review comment on motor.

https://sawingpros.com/best-table-saw-reviews/
(11-26-2019, 06:00 PM)Scott W Wrote: Excellent thoughts.  One if the reasons I want to do this is b/c I will be moving and maybe for 6 months I'll be working on my other house so I don't know what access I will have to the other tools. I may just sell my delta and get a sawstop (wife PUSHING me to do that). Havng an accurate portable saw is important...I have been wanting one anyway...

... just saw this,:  want an accurate portable saw? AND wife PUSHING you to get a sawstop? ....
I would have one ordered immedietly...
I went back and forth...got the dewalt.

The sawstop will wait. I dont really want one. I'd prefer an old delta but she is pushing me especially since my kids are very interested in making things.
(11-29-2019, 06:59 PM)Scott W Wrote: I went back and forth...got the dewalt.

The sawstop will wait. I dont really want one. I'd prefer an old delta but she is pushing me especially since my kids are very interested in making things.

Kids learning to use a table saw would be a good reason to get a Sawstop IMO. You should teach them such that they never trip the blade but if you didn't get a Sawstop or similar and something bad happened that
Sawstop could have prevented, you'd live with it for the rest of your days.