Newer Hand Tools You'd Try, Cost no Object
(12-15-2019, 03:45 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: No I did not miss the point hinse the first two points I made.  I would have to be a thousandaire to not have to worry about funds, but then again most people do not get rich unless they save some money somewhere.

I do not buy things to just buy them.  There are some things I would love to have if $$$ were no object and some of them would be power tools and bigger shop and nicer hand tools like several years ago someone posted pictures of Hamler tools which I reallllllllllly like and some of the planes that Lazarus makes and shows here once in a while.

I want the tools to work without much effort and work like advertised or even better.  Even a few handsaws that whisper thru wood and cut straight and smooth and look great.  All the tools I would get would be users with the only exception of OLD planes and other hand tools to give them the respect they deserve thru all the years of their labors.

To me I have a Huge respect for tools and that is why I take care of the ones I have and also that others have given me.

Arlin, no disrespect intended... 
Big Grin
The entire post was intended to be a flight of fancy, "If cost were no object..."

Miss T and I have gotten where we are today by doing just as you say.  The Corps taught me that, her mother taught her the same.
I have often said the tool most priceless to me in MY shop is the old block plane that was my stepfather's... I'm sure it has little cash value to anyone else, but it means everything to me.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Ahhh Jim ... to dream ... it is one of the few free wonders of the world.

There was a wonderful article in a Woodwork magazine a few decades ago ... well, the title was so wonderful ... “I dreamed all the blades in my shop were sharp”.

I’d love to try a top end custom Japanese sawmaker’s saws.

I’d love to use a few planes by Holtey and by Sauer and Steiner.

It would be fun to build boxes with a Bridge City Jointmaker tablesaw.

Nice.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Dave Brown - Thanks for the image. His signature mark as seen in his furniture pieces.

Simon