door knob removal
My in-laws have a keyed entry lock on an exterior metal door that is almost 30 yrs old and we'd like to replace it since it is starting to be difficult to lock/unlock.  Based on everything I know on how knobs are installed (which is limited, but I've done more than several) I can't find one spot on the interior knob to release the knob and gain access to the screws.  No latch, pin, hole, nothing.  Anybody have any experience with a knob like this?  And there aren't any markings/brands on any latch/strike/knob/anything.  The little wire loop looking thing in the first pic just holds the rose on tight to the door.
thanks

This isn't a woodworking group, its a group of mostly imbeciles and retards.  FearMonger  8-Feb-2012
If God had a sidearm, it'd be a 1911.
https://www.diychatroom.com/f2/remove-do...ble-64302/

Reference Post #3 - It's an old cheap Weslock. Look around the base of the interior knob where it enters the escutcheon. There is a spring loaded retainer protruding through a slot in the knob. Depress the retainer, slide the knob off. Then get under the edge of the escutcheon and pry that off. There is a retainer plate with 2 screws under that.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
you see it in the bottom of your first photo
John T.
(12-03-2019, 02:37 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: https://www.diychatroom.com/f2/remove-do...ble-64302/

Reference Post #3 - It's an old cheap Weslock. Look around the base of the interior knob where it enters the escutcheon. There is a spring loaded retainer protruding through a slot in the knob. Depress the retainer, slide the knob off. Then get under the edge of the escutcheon and pry that off. There is a retainer plate with 2 screws under that.

Please let us know, when you agree with Post #4.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
As an aside, I installed a Slage combination lock.  It will work with a key or by a combination.  If they are worried about remembering the combination then use the last four digits of their phone number or the last four digits of their phone number before they moved into the house. 

The battery lasts over one year.  It lights up on command if it is dark.  And I don't have to take a key out of my pocket. 

You can set a second combination for limited access for a house cleaner, etc. and remove that combination at any time.

Family members can know the combination for emergencies. 

For $20.00 extra I got the one rated for commercial use.  I don't know the difference however.

It is not a high security lock, but fine for my neighborhood.  I like it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4xxm4iXJ5gf2Y-eKjxi3...pVCdq58w&s]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.