It seems obvious to me BUT
I’m building a small mobile workbench and want to install a medium duty vise on it. This one:  Pony 27091 9-Inch by 7-Inch Medium Duty Woodworker's Vise https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HPU3DM/ref...5Db4V0FMRP

My workbench top is two sheets of 3/4 inch plywood glued together. The install lip is 2 inches deep so it’s obvious to me to have it flush with the top of the bench I need to thicken the top by the vise by 1/2 inch. Right?
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Since 3/4" plywood is often not exactly 3/4", you may need to add a shim to your 1/2" "bench-top thickener" to make things flush. Otherwise, your math is fine.
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
One of the sheets is 23/32.  Figured I’d plane a 3/4” board to correct thickness.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.