Bath Fitter

We are considering having Bath Fitter install their product over our tub and tub/shower walls. They would also replace our shower door.  Looking for customer experience, suggestions and recommendations.  We have concluded that it is impractical for us to "gut" the bathroom.  The existing walls are sound.  The tub is a color that is long out of fashion.  We cannot purchase a toilet or sink to match the existing tub.
  Re: Bath Fitter by ChuckL2 (We are considering h...)
(12-04-2019, 10:56 AM)ChuckL2 Wrote: We are considering having Bath Fitter install their product over our tub and tub/shower walls. They would also replace our shower door.  Looking for customer experience, suggestions and recommendations.  We have concluded that it is impractical for us to "gut" the bathroom.  The existing walls are sound.  The tub is a color that is long out of fashion.  We cannot purchase a toilet or sink to match the existing tub.

We did ours a few years ago.

We compared Bath Fitter with Rebath, in great detail.

There was NO comparison.

Rebath quality and finished product was far superior in our opinion. 

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...ght=Rebath

Re: Bath Fitter by ChuckL2 (We are considering h...)
Both of those companies fit an vacuum formed acrylic cover for the walls and tub. 

The local bathtub re-glazing contractor also uses an acrylic finish.  So I don't see the real advantage if the tile work is still solid.  I would just have the walls and tub re-glazed. 

This is a job for professionals.  They have to etch the surface first for good adhesion and I understand spraying the acrylic requires some skill. 

If you have a cast iron tub, it will retain that same walk on feel.

I am re-tiling my bathroom now, but I will have the tub re-glazed.  It is cast iron and would be difficult to remove and replace.  It is for a rarely used guest bathroom.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.