question about adze vs hoe
Every year, at the Tractor Fest down in West Liberty, OH ( Labor Day Weekend)  there is always a vendor selling almost any style handle one could want...ax, hoe, adze, hammer....by the barrel full. 

You might also check in with the Amish, if you have a community nearby.....they might even make one on the spot, to fit.

Just something to think about..

Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I agree with Bill that the one with a curved blade is a shaping or carving adze. If the curvature was more pronounced, I would call it a gutter adze. An example of one can be seen on Northmen.com.

Another style that is not shown is a lipped adze which you can simply Google for an example. They are the bomb for working across grain.

Finally, there is a style known as a railroad adze. The edge of the blade is angled with respect to the handle. As explained to me, it was swung to the side of the person's leg as opposed to being used in front of the body as is the typical process. This allowed the person to level ties while standing next to them and due to the angled blade, the blade would be square to the surface. I have only ever seen one of these.

Tennesseehickory.com has adze handles. I think part number 3200.
Thanks, again, I will probably make some handles myself. Not good at it, but practice will help-"but I won't be perfect". The handle in the one adze that has one could be original, it has a nice fit and curved handle. Will make for a great pattern for some of the others.

It's fun to learn about things like that.

I do have some broken shovel handles that would make quick replacements for the hoes.

Since it's the Holiday Season, then I could hoe, hoe, hoe!