Shower valve question
I posted a while back about my pulsing shower valve. What causes this?

We change out just the cartridge but no effect.

I noticed under the cartridge a brass collar that retains what appears to be a plastic assembly the sits in the brass base of the valve.

I removed the collar and fiddled a bit with the plastic body, but stopped short of removing it as it didn't just pop right out.

A plumber friend is coming to look at it tomorrow he thinks the whole valve needs replacing which means cutting a hole in the drywall.

I'm suspicious there is a foreign material in there somewhere as it started happening right after I had a well pump replace.  I thought maybe  apiece of pvc cement got in there, but that just a theory.

So long story short, can the plastic part of the valve under the cartridge be removed and inspected, or should I resign myself to cutting the wall open?
In my experience, most valves can be taken apart in order to replace worn or broken seals. It is hard to believe that yours is any different.
Just a guess: something wrong with the pressure balance mechanism (assuming its a pressure balanced valve)?
(12-05-2019, 07:16 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Just a guess: something wrong with the pressure balance mechanism (assuming its a pressure balanced valve)?

+1 they are sensitive to debris in them and with the recent work very likely it is the problem.   Roly
May not be a solution to your problem, but I was having a noise issue with our shower, I thought it was the valve. Got a kit and rebuilt it and still a noise. My shower head had "limed up" and after a good Lime A Way soak, it was quite again.
(12-05-2019, 07:16 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Just a guess: something wrong with the pressure balance mechanism (assuming its a pressure balanced valve)?

This is what it was.  All covered with mineral residue.