2020 Tennessee Association of Woodturners turning symposium
Anyone going Saturday, Jan 25? I just bought my ticket and am thinking of hanging around for the banquet this year.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/re...=lgmecmkab
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Bump. Can't believe there isn't at least one other person from here going. It's a great symposium.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
I have heard good things about this symposium, but it is a bad time of the year for me in terms of work. It can also be a challenging drive that time of year due to weather.

FWIW, I have rarely had any WNers respond when I posted similar threads for other symposiums (including AAW national). The exception was Showcase/Totally_Turning. I hope to get back to that symposium sometime in the future.

I hope that you have a great time. Here is a bump for your thread.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Weather can be bad. I'm ~90miles south down I-65 and will drive up Saturday morning. A couple years ago, it was raining and cold with the temp dropping and threatening to turn to sleet/ice. it was not a fun drive home after the show ended. This time, I'm staying until Sunday morning, using some of my hard earned Hilton points for a free nights stay.
Smile
I can not afford to go to them, saying that the AAW will be in Omaha next year and do not know if I can afford going to that either.  I sure would love to tho.
Yes  and at least I would not have to pay gas and lodging.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-23-2019, 03:46 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I can not afford to go to them, saying that the AAW will be in Omaha next year and do not know if I can afford going to that either.  I sure would love to tho.
Yes  and at least I would not have to pay gas and lodging.

The AAW Symposium in Omaha is in July 2021. To far away in both time and space for me have a good guess whether or not I will make that one.

The 2020 symposium is in Louisville KY in June. I hope to be there with family.

I wound up in Raleigh this year alone because of multiple family challenges.

IIRC, the AAW offers some grants to cover symposium membership fees for some people who apply for assistance. It is not too early to start exploring your options.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.