bandsaw springs
The yellow aftermarket spring that everyone seems to think very highly of looks to me like a Danley die spring which anyone should be able to get out of a industrial supply store. An example would be a D-1612-36 The D for Danley the next 2 numbers is diameter in 16ths or 1 inch dia spring and the last 2 is length in 1/4 inches so it would be a 1 inch dia spring 3 inches long and 36 is their high pressure spring.

I do not know what size a spring is used on the 14 inch saws but with the information I have given it shouldn't be hard to figure out. Just for your information the 16 is referred to as hole size which  means drill a hole with a 1 inch drill and that spring will fit in it. the length is given as free length because strippers on dies are usually preloaded 1/8th of an inch

I went to MSC and typed in yellow die spring and they carry a different brand but heavy duty just the same.

Anyway you maybe able to just buy locally for less.

Tom
I love information like this.  I replaced the spring in my 14"Delta saw a few years back, but I don't remember where I got it so I went out to the shop to look, and sure enough it's a nice yellow color.  Sounds like I could have saved some money.
Tom,

I've been watching the thread on these springs with interest.  My 17-year-old Delta 14" saw could use a new spring.  I keep having to crank it more and more to keep the blades tensioned right.  

If I take that spring out, get the measurements, and then go find an extra heavy duty spring with those parameters, I should be good, yes?

Unfortunately, nearly all the industrial supply houses close at 5, so I tend to buy this kind of stuff online.  I'm sure I can find it at Grainger or McMaster-Carr online.
If someone finds out some good info please post the specs, etc.
Great information.  Thanks for sharing.