Stanley Block Plane .... Which ... one ...
.... I have no idea. The blister pack says Bailey, and then 6-1/4 inch. I don't think it matters. It's horrid. 

I expected to cleanup the thing as everyone says it needs fussing, but.... Jeez, you need four fingers from four different hands and it still disintegrates. And, from experience I flat out refuse to play mill and metal lathe by free hand scratching gobs of paint, metal, and other whatnot.

I put it back into its chopped up blister pack and it goes back to Home Despot. Definitely, not worth even half of the $40+ I paid. WA has outrageous sales tax.

Keep looking...
This one...... 

The sales tax makes up for the lack of income tax. Why not go for an older Stanley or a new Veritas?
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Have a spare one of these....
Winkgrin

That you could even repaint the colour of your choice.....
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(12-12-2019, 10:35 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Have a spare one of these....
Winkgrin

That you could even repaint the colour of your choice.....
Rolleyes

I'm pretty sure they "improved" the design with 1 or 2 additional layers of monstrosities. It's now adjustable. Hah!
Maybe...

This one came in a cardboard box, though 

may have seen better days..

Been using the twin of this plane in the shop....this one is the spare..

You could just get a LN or Veritas and be done. Easy. Ready to go out of box most likely.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(12-12-2019, 10:15 AM)SteveS Wrote: Why not go for an older Stanley or a new Veritas?

I'm going to throw-down for the BMX-60 (or whatever code name). Whenever in doubt, go to the Big 3 Review pages, Derek Cohen's Inthewoodshop.com. Derek makes a good sales pitch for the DX60 (found it) which by his description is a glove fit with what I seek. A common issue for us is the long finger-palm stretch. 

The only quirk is that my MF #57 is a bastardisation of odd parts. However, I like the bulk of the knuckle-breaker cap and a narrower tool may be problematic. We will see.
(12-11-2019, 11:36 PM)hbmcc Wrote: .... I have no idea. The blister pack says Bailey, and then 6-1/4 inch. I don't think it matters. It's horrid. 

I expected to cleanup the thing as everyone says it needs fussing, but.... Jeez, you need four fingers from four different hands and it still disintegrates. And, from experience I flat out refuse to play mill and metal lathe by free hand scratching gobs of paint, metal, and other whatnot.

I put it back into its chopped up blister pack and it goes back to Home Despot. Definitely, not worth even half of the $40+ I paid. WA has outrageous sales tax.

Keep looking...

Actually, I would differ.  You do have to flatten the iron a bit, and sharpen it well, and depending on the individual plane, perhaps flatten the sole a bit, but I picked one up at a yard sale, did those things to it, and its now a user, right next to my LN.  It's actually a pretty good plane once tuned up.  So are the maroon ones Bandit pictured.  They pretty much stayed faithful to the original 60 1/2 design, and its really hard to screw up a block plane.

That being said, the LV and LN blocks are wonderful, I have them too.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
My user block planes...YMMV...

Step back a bit...( no drooling..)
    I might just have enough planes...for now...
Rolleyes