Cool miter fence idea or does it already exist?
(12-21-2019, 07:19 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Did you look at the TigerStop and TigerFence?  The TigerStop is accurate and repeatable to +/- 0.004" on a mitersaw/RAS, etc..  The TigerFence is +/- 0.003" on a tablesaw.    

John

Sorry, I didn't until now.  That's a pretty amazing piece and for sure if I ever get to the point when Im busy enough I will def consider this.  I didn't see a cost but will double back and look again
(12-22-2019, 07:40 AM)Wayne G. Wrote: Sorry, I didn't until now.  That's a pretty amazing piece and for sure if I ever get to the point when Im busy enough I will def consider this.  I didn't see a cost but will double back and look again

The TigerFence is around $4300.  It moves the fence to whatever position you tell it with +/- 0.003" accuracy.  Very nice for a production environment.  For $100 - $300 you could buy an absolute DRO for manual use with an existing fence.  Just as accurate, but requires manually moving the fence.  Many hobbiests have gone this route.  

John