A Baby Rattle
The completed rattle. It is 6” long. The top is 2” wide and 2.5” long. It is ash. It is a tight grain and doesn’t have any oils that the baby might be allergic to. I won’t put a finish on it. I’ll let the parents decide if they want to use baby oil or the like. The handle end is plain because of a goof and I ran out of wood.

Attached Files Image(s)

Really nice Job.  I would say do not put a finish on it since it will be in the babies mouth so much.

I do not remember reading but what did you use for the rattles inside?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin it has plastic beads inside it.

(12-14-2019, 06:06 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Arlin it has plastic beads inside it.

Now that is a great idea.  For some reason it did not occur to me to do it that way.
Crazy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
FYI - Shellac is safe for toys. Not the premixed stuff in the can, but the flakes you dissolve in alcohol.  With a pure alcohol (not denatured) it is actually considered a food grade product. It's used in candy making.
...the one thing I can make perfectly every time, without fail, is a mess!