Christmas gifts
Doing some turning this past month to make some gifts for the folks at work.  I've turned a bunch of pens, some bottle stoppers, some potpourri holders and these screwdrivers.  The goal was not to spend too much on any one piece since I figured I'd be doing about 30 to get something for everyone.   I was particularly cheap (at least I tried) with the screwdrivers.

I had turned a couple last year since the kits were in a workbench I bought off a guy on CL.  But the price of the kits was running about 3-5 each or more if they had to be shipped.  So I went to the local HF with a coupon and bought a few at a buck a piece.  I then went to the bandsaw and extracted the part I needed from each.  Wood for the handles was a piece of walnut that I had for a long time and a 2x2x16 (species unknown) that I got at the woodcraft along with a couple of other kits at about 3 each.   The hardest thing to find was something to use for a ferrule.   I wanted either brass or copper but settled on some aluminum that I got from Amazon.  My first try and turning something with aluminum, but it cut pretty well with carbide and I got a nice finish on it with some 0000 steel wool.  Finish is some antique oil, about 3 coats.

Cheap screwdrivers from HF:

[Image: FArHU9h.jpg]

A little creative butchery:

[Image: b9xQMOv.jpg]
A
Partially finished with the Aluminum ferrule glued on:

[Image: 9p0nw76.jpg]

Finished.  The one in the middle is the 3 dollar woodcraft kit:

[Image: CK1C7wY.jpg]

Some other gifts in progress:

[Image: 18DnrzZ.jpg]

[Image: fvih4c6.jpg]
Well done buddy I like all of them.  When I get a chance and some extra $ I want to get 30 of those driver kits since all the ladies like my wife's which I made for her.

They really do come in handy around the house. 
Yes
Yes
Yes

Can not wait to see the pens and bottle stoppers finished up.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.