I need some cutting help
I am trying to make some 6 sided shelves for my daughter and know that the degree of cutting the edges are 30*, however, my tablesaw can not tilt to 30* and I know I am not thinking right of how to do it.

I am laying the board flat on the table and cutting at 60* and it is not right now can I tilt my tablesaw top.

How can I cut the edges at 30* to get the right cut??????
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-16-2019, 03:53 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I am trying to make some 6 sided shelves for my daughter and know that the degree of cutting the edges are 30*, however, my tablesaw can not tilt to 30* and I know I am not thinking right of how to do it.

I am laying the board flat on the table and cutting at 60* and it is not right now can I tilt my tablesaw top.

Table saw should cut 30 degrees... likely not 60.  Am I confused?
(12-16-2019, 03:53 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I am trying to make some 6 sided shelves for my daughter and know that the degree of cutting the edges are 30*, however, my tablesaw can not tilt to 30* and I know I am not thinking right of how to do it.

Is this what you are trying to do? Tilting the blade to 30° is what you need, not 60°.

[Image: 49230053703_7811b4fea9.jpg]Screenshot - 12_16_2019 , 5_25_49 PM by Dave, on Flickr
I used two electronic gages

One is the Wixey WR300 and the other is the like General Tools 823 Digital Angle Finder Rule, 10-Inch (254mm) Stainless Steel Protractor in 32nd and MM Increments, Large LCD Display, Measures 360 Degrees.

I put both on * and the table saw will only go to 48*.  Do I need the gages to read 120* which will be the same as 30*?

I have it sit on the blade like this to get the degrees

[attachment=22303]
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(12-16-2019, 06:27 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: Is this what you are trying to do? Tilting the blade to 30° is what you need, not 60°.

[Image: 49230053703_7811b4fea9.jpg]Screenshot - 12_16_2019 , 5_25_49 PM by Dave, on Flickr

Yep that is what I have been trying to make.  Show me how you set the table saw to get that cut.

If you are going to use the wixey angle cube thing. Run the blade square to the table. Then zero the cube while it is on the blade and crank the blade over to 30.

The blade needs to be 30 degrees off vertical, not 60.

In your picture, you can crank the blade a little more upright s so it is 60° to the table or 30° off vertical.
He better stay away from a Table Saw......
Arlin think about the normal position of the table saw blade.  Call that 'zero."

Now you just tilt the blade down from that, to 30 degrees.

Thirty degrees off vertical in other words.

That will be all you need.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I found what I needed

In geometry, a hexagon is a six-sided polygon or 6-gon. The total of the internal angles of any simple hexagon is 720°. Wikipedia
Area: 3√3/2 × (side)²

Perimeter: 6 x side

Number of vertices: 6

Number of edges: 6

Internal angle: 120°

I was thinking of 120° which would make it 30° outside angle.

I was putting the angle gage on the outside of the blade and not the inside which it will not fit underneath of it.

(12-17-2019, 12:10 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I found what I needed

In geometry, a hexagon is a six-sided polygon or 6-gon. The total of the internal angles of any simple hexagon is 720°. Wikipedia
Area: 3√3/2 × (side)²

Perimeter: 6 x side

Number of vertices: 6

Number of edges: 6

Internal angle: 120°

I was thinking of 120° which would make it 30° outside angle.

I was putting the angle gage on the outside of the blade and not the inside which it will not fit underneath of it.
the angle of the blade should be the same on both sides.  At 90 degrees to the table the saw is setting at zero  You tilt the saw to 45 degrees.  As stated above set your blade to 90 degrees from the table with your wixey and than zero it on the blade and tilt to 30 degrees.