Dustless sanding advertising
Hard wood flooring needs to be re finished, rustic maple.  Several outfits claim dustless work.  They are using a 4 hp. 220v sander and claim everything is caught in the huge vac machine.  So, is it dustless? what can I expect from a company with good ratings?
REgards,
Bill
When I installed/finished our maple flooring(almost whole house), I rented a USand machine. Think large 4 pad ROS with a vac.

All it left were heavier than air balls of wood that did not get into the air. My shop vac got those.
(12-17-2019, 10:57 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: When I installed/finished our maple flooring(almost whole house), I rented a USand machine. Think large 4 pad ROS with a vac.

All it left were heavier than air balls of wood that did not get into the air. My shop vac got those.

I'm glad that worked out for you but that was not my question.  Not doing it myself, rather hiring a finishing company that advertises dustless.  They claim when done there is zero dust, zero, left behind anywhere.  Must be someone that has first had experience with a contractor
Bill
(12-19-2019, 12:06 PM)Bill Bob Wrote: I'm glad that worked out for you but that was not my question.  Not doing it myself, rather hiring a finishing company that advertises dustless.  They claim when done there is zero dust, zero, left behind anywhere.  Must be someone that has first had experience with a contractor
Bill

I would ask for references (prior customers) and follow up...
I recently had my living room floor refinished (100 year old fir flooring). The guys who did it taped plastic into the doorways to the rest of the house. No problem with dust at all, either in the room being refinished or the rest of the house. They need a clean environment when the new finish goes down.

By the way, I had originally planned to do it myself. So glad I didn't. They did things to the floor that I wouldn't even have thought about doing. Did a great job.
Robin of Kingston
I just had the whole downstairs on my house refinished. The contractor didn't advertise dustless and it certainly wasn't. I spent about a week wiping down the walls and cleaning the windows and the trim. There was dust in places I didn't think could get dusty.

Still well worth it though.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
I didn't have any dust problems when sanding floors with rental sanders
(12-19-2019, 12:06 PM)Bill Bob Wrote: I'm glad that worked out for you but that was not my question.  Not doing it myself, rather hiring a finishing company that advertises dustless.  They claim when done there is zero dust, zero, left behind anywhere.  Must be someone that has first had experience with a contractor
Bill

Ask the prospective company what process and equipment they use. I had no dust on walls/floors after using the USand and a shop vac.
(04-16-2021, 05:47 AM)EvaUnitTwo Wrote: Anyway, I think that the most important thing to mention here is advertising itself. There are so many things that you can make in order to promote a thing, job, product that you cannot even imagine.

BAM !!!!

SPAMMER !!!
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Those industrial machines are pretty good.  Dustless?  My guess is with a vacuum attached it will be really close to zero dust.  I have never used one so it's just a guess.  I know all my hand sanders that I attach to a vac I get just about zero dust so my extension the floor model should be be pretty good. 

For the 230 v - how do they do that?  not a lot of houses have 230 outlets.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.