Lathe opinion
Speed reducer caught my interest.

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
The speed reducer caught my eye.

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
I have never seen that before. Would be interested if anyone has any input on that motor
(12-18-2019, 04:41 PM)Turner52 Wrote: I have never seen that before. Would be interested if anyone has any input on that motor
Pictures don't show, but it might be similar to http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/1320672075...-l1000.jpg but the SCR is somewhere else.  

Pretty short bed for an iron lathe, though it might just be perspective.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I think it's a standard capacitor start motor with a variable speed belt drive.
I was thinking the same as pirate. If everything is solid and it runs and the headstock spindle is 1x8 then it would be worth it as a starter or second lathe. If the spindle
Is a weird size that you can’t find adapters for I would not buy it