Clothes dryer repair tip
Trying to release the belt idler to get drum belt off our GE dryer, I couldn't quite get it, with my arm reaching in from the front, under the drum.
Solution? Use a cutoff wheel to cut Al access flap in the dryer cabinet bottom.
Great access now!
A Harbor Freight give away light, in pic. Was a great help. Hung it inside while I worked.
Of course I put it back together with the light still in inside!

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Of course youu left the light. How else could you see to put it back together.
Think of it this way. You have added a feature to your dryer ( lighted interior )
that no one else on the planet has. Course when the battery finally runs down
it will not do much, but you will still have the bragging rights.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(12-18-2019, 01:31 PM)Pirate Wrote: Trying to release the belt idler to get drum belt off our GE dryer, I couldn't quite get it, with my arm reaching in from the front, under the drum.
Solution?  Use a cutoff wheel to cut Al access flap in the dryer cabinet bottom.
Great access now!
A Harbor Freight give away light, in pic. Was a great help. Hung it inside while I worked.
Of course I put it back together with the light still in inside!

I have about 5 of those free lights. They are handy and throw a lot of light. Whenever I go to HF and they have the free lights I get one plus $40.00 of stuff I don't need. The 29 piece set of drills is on sale now for $5.00. I bought them at various times for $9.95 and on up.
I have 4 sets of these drills, don't ask me why.
mike
I'm going to cut a hole in the bed of the F150 to replace the fuel pump, then make a plate to fit over it next time. Beats removing the tank.

Some things are just not engineered to be easily repaired.
(12-19-2019, 11:55 AM)daddo Wrote: I'm going to cut a hole in the bed of the F150 to replace the fuel pump, then make a plate to fit over it next time. Beats removing the tank.

Some things are just not engineered to be easily repaired.

It's generally easier to remove the bed than the tank. Often times, function takes precedence. Sometimes packaging does.
mike
I ain't a Communist, necessarily, but I've been in the red all my life
I have several of those lights. I really think the battery companies are paying them to give them away. With those AAA batteries those lights eat through them in no time. I wish they would have put AA in them.
(12-19-2019, 12:36 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: I have several of those lights. I really think the battery companies are paying them to give them away. With those AAA batteries those lights eat through them in no time. I wish they would have put AA in them.

I find that the batteries last pretty long in them.
(12-19-2019, 12:11 PM)mstens Wrote: It's generally easier to remove the bed than the tank. Often times, function takes precedence. Sometimes packaging does.

I guess it would be except for the crossover box, side boxes, tommy lift gate and the bed full of copper rolls, refrigerant, torches and all that other stuff.

That's one reason I decided to keep the older truck- the sides on the new trucks are too high for access to crossover and side boxes. They aren't built for actually working out of, built instead for sporty looks.
No
(12-19-2019, 03:08 PM)daddo Wrote:  I guess it would be except for the crossover box, side boxes, tommy lift gate and the bed full of copper rolls, refrigerant, torches and all that other stuff.

That's one reason I decided to keep the older truck- the sides on the new trucks are too high for access to crossover and side boxes. They aren't built for actually working out of, built instead for sporty looks.
No

Yea, I get it, my last one only had a crossover box. Shame, removing the 8 bolts for the bed would be much easier.. and I totally agree about new trucks. I have no interest in the bloated behemoths they've become.
mike
I ain't a Communist, necessarily, but I've been in the red all my life