Diamond paddles - any brand better?
Saw a sharpening video for Forstner bit sharpening that used diamond paddles. Honestly had never heard of them.  My forstner bits are in dire need of sharpening.  Any brand better than others? DMT?
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
There may be better ones available,  but all mine are DMT and they are very good. I doubt there's a lot of competition in this product.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-20-2019, 08:34 AM)fredhargis Wrote: There may be better ones available,  but all mine are DMT and they are very good. I doubt there's a lot of competition in this product.

I have a set of 3 DMTs I got through eBay and they've been just fine. Use them for touching up odd-shaped blades, cabinet scraper blades, forsner bits, etc.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I have a set of DMTs or similar that work fine for most things. I also found a set of diamond files similar to the sets of small files that have different shaped cross-sections. Only, these are all flat and have different grits. Because they are longer and narrower they sometimes work better. I don't know the brand but, I think, I found them on Amazon.