Craftsman 113 table saw fence upgrade
If you are near Wilmington NC, this looks like a good deal.
https://wilmington.craigslist.org/tls/d/...18528.html
RE: the above Wilmington Uni-fence sale.

That is just for the Uni-fence. It does not include the front rail, which is Uni-fence specific design. E-replacement parts has the front rail for the Type 1 and Type 2 Uni-fence for US $250.00 + shipping.
(12-31-2019, 02:51 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: RE: the above Wilmington Uni-fence sale.

That is just for the Uni-fence. It does not include the front rail, which is Uni-fence specific design. E-replacement parts has the front rail for the Type 1 and Type 2 Uni-fence for US $250.00 + shipping.

That is a shame. The Unifence is great. You will be well served by the T-2 fence.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(01-07-2020, 07:47 AM)messmaker Wrote: That is a shame. The Unifence is great. You will be well served by the T-2 fence.

The Unifence does have a proprietary extrusion, but that doesn't mean you can't create your own. I recently bought some thick wall aluminum square tube that I plan to turn into a shorter front rail for my Unifence.  The thickness is exact, I just need to cut the slot in the front for the fence bolt to ride in.  Then some spacers for the thickness of the rail.  I haven't completed it yet but it should be doable.  The aluminum bar I bought was only $17 for just under 4'.
(12-24-2019, 12:39 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: I too have the Mule Cab fence. It's solid and accurate. It has one shortcoming for my use, it can't be lifted off the saw, it has to slid off one end. I have a router table on the right side of my saw so I have to lower the blade and slide if off the left side. Here is a very attractive deal if it becomes available:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Power-.../205803795

Another choice I would consider though it's quite a bit more money than the Home Depot offer:

https://vsctools.com/shop/product-catego...saw-fence/

I'd probably buy some 80/20 off Ebay though I'm sure the extrusions they sell are extra straight.
Here is what looks like the replacement for the Delta fence no longer available at Home Depot & Lowes. Still Delta
https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Equipment-C...143&sr=1-4
So did anyone hear what Stoppy ended up doing?
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(12-24-2019, 08:22 AM)stoppy Wrote: I have a 1950's Craftsman 113. XXXX 10 inch table saw. It cuts great but the OEM fence needs improvement.  Looking at upgrades and see a lot of people upgraded to the Delta T2 which is not available.  I see prices from $110 to $330.  The Wixey WR700 is at the $110 mark. Several recognizable brand names at the $330 price point. 

1. As a beginner flat stock worker, besides more cost is better or has more brand name bragging rights what does a hobbiest get for the extra $220 bucks?

2. Anyone have that Wixey WR6700 fence and is it better than the Craftsman OEM fence?

3. Any other suggestions for an upgrade?
I am pretty sure that the T-2 fence has been replaced by the T-3. Amazon, Lowes, and Home Depot all show it for + -  $200.

Ed
Ed
(02-10-2020, 10:44 AM)GeeDub Wrote: So did anyone hear what Stoppy ended up doing?

Nothing yet on the table saw.  

For my toy making project felt the need for a spindle sander more important.  Retired, so tool dollars aren't as abundant as they used to be.  Right now, again for the toy project, bandsaws are more important. I'm fortunate in having two so I can have a resaw blade one and a 3/16 for tight curves on the other. Have been working on the old Craftsman to cut down top to bottom of thick blank drift. Have gotten lots of good tips here including one from you I believe on even pressure on the feed.  Sawed a padauk/plywood combo box yesterday. The drawer block after cutting slid through evenly from both sides of the outer box casing.
Big Grin

When the budget is ready I'll probably get the T-3 from HD or Lowes.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Does anyone know if the Align A-Rip 24/24 will work on a Craftsman 113 table Saw?  Thanks in advance.
(12-24-2019, 09:08 AM)wjt Wrote: The Wixey WR700 is a digital readout of the fence position. Not really an upgrade to a tablesaw fence like the Delta T2 you mentioned.

For that extra $200 you can get a new tablesaw fence.

I have had an AccuSquare from MuleCabinet for 15 years on my tablesaw and it has served me well.

http://www.mulecab.com/M1025Rip.html

Bill

I too had an AccuSquare fence on a Craftsman 113.xxxx contractor's saw, it was a huge upgrade over what came with the C'man saw. I purchased a G1023 that came with a knock-off Jetlock fence that was pretty crappy. I moved the AccuSquare fence to the Grizzly 1023 and sold the C'man saw with the crappy Grizzly fence. The only downside to the Accusquare fence is that it cannot be lifted off the saw, it has to slid off one end. Other than that it's a sturdy accurate fence with useful T slots on 3 sides.