Bombe Adventure - Project Status
Ditto on the full and speedy recovery.  I like your approach on the drawer front.  I probably would have started with the router and then the sander, but your idea removes the risk of router slip-up.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(01-26-2020, 01:52 PM)jteneyck Wrote: "I would have thought you would use a router jig for the drawer fronts like you did with the sides"
I couldn't see an obvious way to build a jig. The problem is the multiple curves in every direction that need to be dealt with. There is the lengthwise serpentine curve - but also the slightly concave curve that matches the case side from top to bottom of the drawer front. Also this curve skews slightly outward from the center of the drawer front as it moves to each side. So I came to the point that rough cutting with the bandsaw and then (carefully) shaping by hand was the way to go. If others have suggestions (besides purchasing a CNC mill!!) please share!

(01-27-2020, 11:53 PM)Don_M Wrote: I couldn't see an obvious way to build a jig. The problem is the multiple curves in every direction that need to be dealt with. There is the lengthwise serpentine curve - but also the slightly concave curve that matches the case side from top to bottom of the drawer front. Also this curve skews slightly outward from the center of the drawer front as it moves to each side. So I came to the point that rough cutting with the bandsaw and then (carefully) shaping by hand was the way to go. If others have suggestions (besides purchasing a CNC mill!!) please share!

whatever you're doing looks great so far so I'd stay the course and keep at it!
(01-28-2020, 11:53 AM)mound Wrote: whatever you're doing looks great so far so I'd stay the course and keep at it!

Agreed.  They look great.  

John
(12-26-2019, 03:18 PM)professore Wrote: Calling Peter Tremblay!!

He's been down this road and may have some useful suggestions from his experience.

Frank S in Iowa

(12-26-2019, 03:47 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Excellent work!! Thanks for posting this and keep it up!!

And yes, I too saw "Bombe" and immediately thought of our "banjo pickin priest."
Did he ever finish his?

I was going to say the exact same thing.  I never seen him finish it and asked about it a few times.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
It's really good to see more people posting this caliber of work again. Good seeing Dave Diaman coming back more often too!