Tablesaw Blade Choice
(12-31-2019, 10:47 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: But, before I screw up and order the wrong blade, can you guys tell me if this is the one I need?  I'm running a 3hp PM66 and *do* want a full kerf blade for the stiffness allowed in the thicker steel.  Lots of ripping and crosscuts, as I mainly build small boxes.  Might get a dedicated cross cut blade later if I find that I want the finer cut, but I want to see if this combination does what it says it will, AND most articles I've read say that today's combo blades really do a great job at both ripping and cross cutting for *most* applications.

https://www.sliversmill.com/product_15_1...__150.html

I have the PM66 and that's the blade I've been running on it for over 15 years.   It never comes off the saw.

I send it back to the company every 4 years or so for a resharpening.  Last year I found a sale and bought another one because I like it so much.
(12-31-2019, 10:47 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Okay, so I have a bunch of blades that I've acquired over the years that came *with* tools I purchased, and they've served me well since they are carbide tipped and I send them out for sharpening, but I think it's time I actually *buy* a new blade.  And since I've never bought a blade for my TS before, I think I'll splurge and get the WWII that I keep hearing you guys raving about.

But, before I screw up and order the wrong blade, can you guys tell me if this is the one I need?  I'm running a 3hp PM66 and *do* want a full kerf blade for the stiffness allowed in the thicker steel.  Lots of ripping and crosscuts, as I mainly build small boxes.  Might get a dedicated cross cut blade later if I find that I want the finer cut, but I want to see if this combination does what it says it will, AND most articles I've read say that today's combo blades really do a great job at both ripping and cross cutting for *most* applications.

https://www.sliversmill.com/product_15_1...__150.html
As stated above that's the blade I purchased for my new Grizzly saw. I had 2 of these when I had my big home shop in PA on my Delta unisaw. Never had a problem. I just put in on my garage shop Grizzly and it works like my unisaw. Cuts like butter. Nice!
Installed the Freud blade yesterday and made some crosscuts in pine and poplar. Pretty smooth and quiet, and a noticeable difference in performance from my previous and somewhat dull blades.

Doug
I think you'll like the Freud after you've had it in use for a while. I was setting up a cut the other day and saw what looked like a chipped tooth on mine. Pulled it off the saw and went over it closely--doggoned if it doesn't have three chipped teeth!! I have no clue how--don't remember doing anything that would have abused the blade. 2 are side by side, the third a couple teeth away. Totally at a loss as to how that happened, I had it off to clean pitch a maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago, it was fine then. Off to the sharpener I guess. Grrrrrr.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone