Looking for an outdoor video camera (surveillance).
My house doesn't have enough windows on the front to have  decent view of the street and very small front-yard.
I'd like a 180 degree view (full-time) of that area. Something that is hard-wired and has some kind of monitor that is viewable 24/7. I don't need to have footage recorded or archived.
Easy install would be nice. Any ideas?

Thanks.
(12-27-2019, 07:07 AM)frule Wrote: My house doesn't have enough windows on the front to have  decent view of the street and very small front-yard.
I'd like a 180 degree view (full-time) of that area. Something that is hard-wired and has some kind of monitor that is viewable 24/7. I don't need to have footage recorded or archived.
Easy install would be nice. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have the Night Owl system from Costco. Does everything you want. I think I gave 299.00.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.

View on a free cell phone program. Operates real time(AC powered) or records to a SD card.

Camera as pictured (with 10' cord and USB/AC adapter was $25. You can buy a weather proof shell(for mounting outdoors) for about $10-$15 on Amazon. Has a wide range of view---my front mounted camera shows the neighbor to the south drive and 4 houses across the street. The right(north) view is blocked by the house.
(12-27-2019, 02:42 PM)messmaker Wrote: I have the Night Owl system from Costco. Does everything you want. I think I gave 299.00.

I'll check it out. Thanks!
(12-28-2019, 01:35 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: View on a free cell phone program. Operates real time(AC powered) or records to a SD card.

Camera as pictured (with 10' cord and USB/AC adapter was $25. You can buy a weather proof shell(for mounting outdoors) for about $10-$15 on Amazon. Has a wide range of view---my front mounted camera shows the neighbor to the south drive and 4 houses across the street. The right(north) view is blocked by the house.

Will this work with a monitor of some sort?

Thanks!
Wyze makes the small camera show  in the picture.  I found there a while ago and placed them in the family home.  The home is in SD and I'm in Texas and have no problem viewing the video on the app. on my phone.  They  provide great HD video and will give you alerts on movement or sound.  Also you can go back in time to view other alerts.  They also make one that will rotate to the movement or sound.  Also you can move it from the app. on your phone.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
(12-28-2019, 07:19 AM)Gene A Wrote: Wyze makes the small camera show  in the picture.  I found there a while ago and placed them in the family home.  The home is in SD and I'm in Texas and have no problem viewing the video on the app. on my phone.  They  provide great HD video and will give you alerts on movement or sound.  Also you can go back in time to view other alerts.  They also make one that will rotate to the movement or sound.  Also you can move it from the app. on your phone.

Will this stream video to a wifi tablet (NON-cellular)?

Thanks!
(12-29-2019, 06:58 AM)frule Wrote: Will this stream video to a wifi tablet (NON-cellular)?

Thanks!

They need Wi-Fi to stream video
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
What I don't understand is this:

I sometimes watch real crime TV shows (I.D. network) and they frequently show video surveillance footage from both home systems and commercial (retail store) systems.  In most of the images I see those shows the image quality is so poor that the make and model of a car are very difficult to discern.  Faces are too.  The images are grainy and soft in focus.

And yet my  $50.00 dash camera on my car shows needle sharp images where I can easily read license plate numbers. It is nearly as good as the images on my TV.   In my opinion if the image quality is not first rate the system is pretty near worthless in catching the bad guys.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
proly older systems.

I have 2mp cameras around most of my place and a 4k (8mp) camera looking down my driveway.

You can read the license plate with the 4k camera from a ways away.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark