Looking for an outdoor video camera (surveillance).
(12-28-2019, 01:35 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: View on a free cell phone program. Operates real time(AC powered) or records to a SD card.

Camera as pictured (with 10' cord and USB/AC adapter was $25. You can buy a weather proof shell(for mounting outdoors) for about $10-$15 on Amazon. Has a wide range of view---my front mounted camera shows the neighbor to the south drive and 4 houses across the street. The right(north) view is blocked by the house.

Does that record in a continuous loop? I'm looking for something that will just continuously record or even motion activated is fine. When the SD card is full, it starts writing over the old video. No data or wifi access in this area.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(12-30-2019, 06:31 AM)Gene A Wrote: They need Wi-Fi to stream video

That's what I asked. Will it stream to a tablet connected with WifI to my Xfinity internet?

I need a simple full-time stream not involving a cellular phone, but connected to my internet network and seen on a tablet (or similar).

Thanks.
Maybe this will help, I have a system set up in the family house.  The cameras are set to give me an alert when there is movement or person.   Also one is set to also give alert on sound.  The camera is set to record on alert only and it is easy to recall the alert at a later date.  Mine are set to run in HD, they give a great video.  I have the app on my tablet and can watch the live feed or recall the alerts.  The one problem is all the cameras are shown but to seen you have to select the one you want to view the stream.  Hope this helps.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
We were parked at a truck stop in Alabama getting gas when I noticed our wireless backup camera came on and we could see through guys camera next to us- a nice view of his trailer behind his RV. Not that it's a big deal, but we have seen it come on shortly driving through neighborhoods.
Wireless may not be that secure?
I read recently that you should not buy any linked device from a previously opened container.  Particularly Nest thermostats which link to your wifi can be physically hacked.  That is the equipment has to be switched to allow the hacking.  It cannot be done remotely. 

Once hacked it can read all your devices and listen to your conversations.  They warned about Ring also.

I don't pretend to understand how this is done, but the article advised to only buy from authorized dealers in sealed packages.

They singled out Ebay vendors as a primary culprit. 

My Apple tablet gets these articles in the News app.  I don't recall if it was Forbes or Bloomberg that reported this.

https://www.newsweek.com/google-nest-hac...ee-1460806

https://drillwarrior.com/can-a-ring-vide...be-hacked/

But apparently the Nest has to be physically hacked.  I don't know about the Ring units.  But do some research first.  Google is your friend.

Just type "[device name] + hacked" and you will find out.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
people have reported their Ring have been hacked without physically accessing them.

probably using default or simple passwords.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(12-31-2019, 06:13 AM)Gene A Wrote: Maybe this will help, I have a system set up in the family house.  The cameras are set to give me an alert when there is movement or person.   Also one is set to also give alert on sound.  The camera is set to record on alert only and it is easy to recall the alert at a later date.  Mine are set to run in HD, they give a great video.  I have the app on my tablet and can watch the live feed or recall the alerts.  The one problem is all the cameras are shown but to seen you have to select the one you want to view the stream.  Hope this helps.

Thanks, Gene.
That's what I needed to know.