December Cutting Boards
Last shop visit, on Monday, I got the angled bottom done as planned.  This reduces the volume of the interior of the box and increases the power of the suction of the dust collector, improving the performance of the collection.  (In theory.)  We shall see.

The bottom:

Comes out a bit under the intake for the collector, then angles up so that at the final point it's about 1-1/2 inches below the top.

This is the sanding box ready to use.  Note there are deck loops on the sides for the dust collector hose to attach to, and I spread my sanding pad on the top to protect the work being sanded.  I'll test it this morning and see how it works.  The only other mod I might make is to take a slightly larger bit to every other hole in the pegboard to increase the intake of the dust if it doesn't perform up to expectations. 
Raised

We will be returning this program BACK to cutting board construction. 

Yes
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Got back out and tested the sanding box.  It far exceeded my expectations.  Not only does the downdraft handle the dust, but it will "hold" flat items to the surface. 
Big Grin. I'm a happy brokenolmarine.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.