The trophy case is done and delivered!
Here it is.  Dropped it off @ the neighbor's house yesterday afternoon.  Some details:

1) All maple  (The case itself is maple ply as are the 2 lower shelves.  Everything else is maple hardwood

2) the upper sides are dovetailed into the top  (was the most clean way I came up with attaching the sides to the top)

3) The glass shelves are adjustable (trophy sizes can vary).  The lower shelves are adjustable too

4) the top separates from the base.  There are slots in the lower case top that accepts the upper frames (which are dadoed).  I screw it in from the underside of the case bottom...3 screws in each "frame" secures the top to the base.

5) I couldn't find a piece of cork big enough for the middle, so I bought a bulletin board, took off the metal sides and cut it to size.  It was flimsy in the opening so I created a panel to back it up (the panel was some hardwood flooring glued up and planed down).

Ask me any questions about it you'd like.  (Now just got to get the b-stard to pay me!!!) 
Smile

(you might notice that the hinges are gold whereas the knobs are brushed nickel...they might change the knobs to match the hinges).

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Well done. Is the coloring a stain or dye or something else?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-03-2020, 12:43 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Well done. Is the coloring a stain or dye or something else?

It is just a Minwax stain...nothing special.
Dumber than I appear
I bet that kept you busy for a good while.  Well done.

John