Lee Valley tool catalog
Has Lee Valley changed the format of their online tool catalog? I can't seem to find their tools in the old book format. The hardware catalog hasn't changed though.

(01-04-2020, 02:08 AM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Has Lee Valley changed the format of their online tool catalog? I can't seem to find their tools in the old book format. The hardware catalog hasn't changed though.

It’s still there. Go to this link and scroll right to find it in the latest catalogs section.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/catalogs
I e had a hard time finding a number of things online since they redid their site.
-Marc

(01-04-2020, 08:26 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I e had a hard time finding a number of things online since they redid their site.

They say they are working on fine tuning the site, but even finding things I know are there is difficult, the new search function is really over inclusive.  It might be just me, having been used to the old site.  For now, I think I have to go back to the paper catalog and plug in item numbers.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I do not like there online ordering system. I put in my address and there program changes it, I correct it and it changes it again. I get frustrated and just call my order in.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(01-04-2020, 09:59 AM)Admiral Wrote: They say they are working on fine tuning the site, but even finding things I know are there is difficult, the new search function is really over inclusive.  It might be just me, having been used to the old site.  For now, I think I have to go back to the paper catalog and plug in item numbers.

In another thread I mentioned something similar about how their website is unusable unless you have a print catalog with you at the computer. 

Unfortunately, I will suspend using them for anything until they work out the bugs and make the site more user friendly again. I don’t have a print catalog currently and I have warmed up to other suppliers in the meantime. I may never go back to them but I will for sure never if there isn’t some changes.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
(01-04-2020, 07:18 AM)Greg Jones Wrote: It’s still there. Go to this link and scroll right to find it in the latest catalogs section.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/catalogs

Thanks, Greg.
Why would you hide your #1(?) online showcase three clicks off the home screen? I guess their tools are not as important as their other catalogs.

Sure glad the catalog is still available. I keep it as a favorite, and it doesn't pop up as such anymore. Grrrrr! At least now I know.

When we move to a new city, it takes time to get familiar with its road system. Same with the new LV website.

Admittedly, the search engine has much room to improve, and why it's not as good as the old one I don't know because I'm no expert in that area or in computers. Often, the item I wanted to find showed up not on the first page, even though it should be as less relevant items were shown there. May be we've been spoiled by the Google search effectiveness.

I noticed that many of the videos on the old site are no longer carried under the new one. Also gone are their company history information/chart and older issues of newsletters.

Simon
(01-04-2020, 09:27 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Also gone are their company history information/chart and older issues of newsletters.

Simon

Click the "Discover" tab on the top banner all the way to the right.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-05-2020, 08:57 AM)Admiral Wrote: Click the "Discover" tab on the top banner all the way to the right.

Thanks. They seem to carry the wood newsletters up to 2017 only.

Simon