I can't cope
I wish Lee Valley had board stretchers. Or, anybody.
I recently remodeled my basement into a living space. Because of the way the room was made there are a lot of block columns that required mitering pieces to go around them. Then I also built a box around the water & gas meters and pipes that came into the home. Plus around the stairwell and furnace. Basically, lots of corners and none of them at 90. I picked this up:

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/wixey...ngle-gauge

The gauge is wildly accurate down to 1/10th of a degree. I would gauge each corner, then adjust the gauge to 1/2 of the reading, take it to my RAS and set the angle, make the cut. Perfect each time.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
Well, I tried again three or four times and I still s u c k at it.   Enough that 'close' isn't a word I can use.  It's horrible.  
Laugh
(01-05-2020, 06:43 PM)KC Wrote: Well, I tried again three or four times and I still s u c k at it.   Enough that 'close' isn't a word I can use.  It's horrible.  
Laugh

that's interesting.  I don't really like doing it, but one of the advantages of coping over mitering is that it doesn't take particularly clean cuts to make it work.  But I think one of the most important things is to have a decent saw and the best blades you can buy.  I have done it with a recent vintage Stanley coping saw with a stock blade, but it takes a lot of sanding

I forget the blades that everyone recommends.  I bought some, and they were nice, but then I lost them.  More recently, I bought a Bahco saw and some of their blades, and they work well.  That was on Paul Sellers' recommendation
The trick is to leave a knife edge that you can press into the “receiving” piece. I’ve cut a lot of these joints and it really does take a little practice. It’s my go to method for all inside corners.
VH07V  
Coping crown molding is variable. Depending on the molding profile and thickness. The more intricate the profile, the more difficult the coping job will be. The thicker the molding, the more backcut angle is necessary. 

I use a coping saw with a fine tooth blade. Takes longer, but makes finer cuts. I also use cabinet makers files
    along with triangular and round files.

Now, most pro's do not do as I do, since my method takes longer---and time is money.
I am not sure what you have seen already but this guy does it really well and quick.  I have been to a couple of Roadshows at suppliers it counts as continued education from what I understand and seen him in action up close.  Not sure this is the video you need but you can probably find it once you look at this one
https://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2015/04/...n-molding/
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.