The foot rest is done!!!
Fellas, here are the finished shots (with the original design thrown in as well as a progress shot).  Since I don't have a lathe, rounding and tapering the legs and stretchers took the longest.  Also I couldn't figure out the pattern in the original, so I went with a simple checkerboard weave.

My costs? $50 for the weave and the pad that's between the 2 courses.  This stool retails for $275!

The finish is just Original Danish Oil.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
(01-07-2020, 10:32 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Fellas, here are the finished shots (with the original design thrown in as well as a progress shot).  Since I don't have a lathe, rounding and tapering the legs and stretchers took the longest.  Also I couldn't figure out the pattern in the original, so I went with a simple checkerboard weave.

My costs? $50 for the weave and the pad that's between the 2 courses.  This stool retails for $275!

Ya dunn gud!
Nice
Smile
Nice, your approach to the tapering/rounding worked out well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Looking good. Now you can make the next one even faster.
(01-07-2020, 10:32 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Fellas, here are the finished shots (with the original design thrown in as well as a progress shot).  Since I don't have a lathe, rounding and tapering the legs and stretchers took the longest.  Also I couldn't figure out the pattern in the original, so I went with a simple checkerboard weave.

Now you will have to upgrade your  moccasins to match the quality of the foot rest.  Here is my recommendation:

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/fe...oreid=9705

It should match your quality nicely.
Big Grin
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Get a couple pair, why not? Look at all the $$$ you've saved already
Wink
(01-07-2020, 12:32 PM)Cooler Wrote: Now you will have to upgrade your  moccasins to match the quality of the foot rest.  Here is my recommendation:

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/fe...oreid=9705

It should match your quality nicely.
Big Grin

I guess Santa didn't receive my letter in time re: new slippers....
Confused
Dumber than I appear
Very nice. I bet it's comfortable.
(01-13-2020, 04:49 PM)Reverb Wrote: Very nice. I bet it's comfortable.

It seats my tushy just fine!!
Dumber than I appear
That came out great.  The fabric colors go nicely with the wood color and the pattern suits the piece just fine.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.