Wanted: 90* geared motor NOVA/DC/B-more area
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4...r&_sacat=0

A lot of this stuff is 3phase so you'll have to watch for the voltage.

This is 3phase, but 57rpm. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRA-GEAR-75...Sw-RNdnKBE

I've got a 1/4hp convertor box here somewhere.

Maybe snipes motor will work...
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Woodmaster uses a variable speed 110v motor for the feed on their planer/moulders. That may be an option.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Found a motor. I'm good to go.
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-15-2020, 02:00 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Found a motor.  I'm good to go.

I don't see a picture of it.......

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Ha!

When I start the edge sander build you'll see it.

Wink
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-15-2020, 02:45 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Ha!

Wink

Honest Injun??
Winkgrin
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-15-2020, 02:45 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Ha!

Wink

is this a table elevation motor or something?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Sorta. The motor will have a pulley attached to the shaft that will be drilled for a connecting rod that will attach to a point on a plate that supports the motor, platen, and rollers. The pulley will be sized so that the rotation of the axle moves the plate through a motion of about 2", up and down. The plate will slide on linear bearings to ensure proper vertical motion.

At roughly 23:36 you see it in motion in this video; further back you can see the basics of its construction. I purchased the plans he sells and will meld them with the base designed by Woodsmith for their non-oscillating edge sander they put out October (I think) 2018. I'm further modifying the plans I purchased so that the motor oscillates, too, by increasing the pad under the drive roller so that it supports the drive motor. I don't like the way the video's plans has the motor stationary and the drive belt flexing up and down, perpendicular to its travel, as the platen moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3y8lRwXQsg&t=1434s

I hope to document this build with video, but if not, I'll definitely take lots of pics as I go along.
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-16-2020, 11:14 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Sorta.  The motor will have a pulley attached to the shaft that will be drilled for a connecting rod that will attach to a point on a plate that supports the motor, platen, and rollers.  The pulley will be sized so that the rotation of the axle moves the plate through a motion of about 2", up and down.  The plate will slide on linear bearings to ensure proper vertical motion.

At roughly 23:36 you see it in motion in this video; further back you can see the basics of its construction.  I purchased the plans he sells and will meld them with the base designed by Woodsmith for their non-oscillating edge sander they put out October (I think) 2018.  I'm further modifying the plans I purchased so that the motor oscillates, too, by increasing the pad under the drive roller so that it supports the drive motor.  I don't like the way the video's plans has the motor stationary and the drive belt flexing up and down, perpendicular to its travel, as the platen moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3y8lRwXQsg&t=1434s

I hope to document this build with video, but if not, I'll definitely take lots of pics as I go along.

I'll watch videos when I get home.

Vega rocks the front tentioned idler roller. It sure does not take much at all maybe .5" to oscillate the 6"X137" belt.

Another feature that is excellent is the ability to and the table/slope across the entire 6" belt. You can then use even more of the belt and reduce heat even more.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.