extra large plywood
Moving something that large will have its issues. Just getting something that large thru doors or openings will require some math!
Guys, I know how to join plywood and have a veneer splicer and guillotine. Customer was looking for something pre-made and seamless.
Thanks for input.
(01-16-2020, 03:53 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: WOOD GALLERY in Dallas custom makes plywood.  Not cheap, but very good customer service. I've used them a few times.
From their web sight:
Services

The Wood Gallery is capable of serving all of your production needs. From the beginning, we work with customers on an initial design consultation to ensure that we achieve the look and functionality the customer desires. After the initial consultation, each piece is individually crafted and processed within our own workshop until the day it is completed and ready for shipment to the customer’s desired location.
Our services include, but are not limited to the following:
  • Over 80 different types and 1,000,000 square feet of in-house veneers available.
  • In-house production, from beginning to end, of all veneers.
  • Production capabilities range from single panels to entire office buildings
  • Press capacity ranges up to 6.5′ x 13.5′
  • Sanding abilities include four-head 64″ wide belt.
  • Thickness may range from 1/16″ to 1.5″ plus
  • Areas of specialization include blueprint, sequencing, sketch face, geometric patterns, inlays and lightweight panels, and aircraft panels.
  • Please inquire if you have special needs or requests that do not appear above.

Thanks Bill for the info on The Wood Gallery.  Looks like an incredible resource.

Lonnie
Ok. It’s starting to bug me. I want to know for what this 10x10 is to be used. The only thing I can think of is artwork.
If something commercial I would think they could source it themselves. Most certainly not residential as it won’t fit through a doorway less than a 1-car garage.
Ray
If it will be veneered you may find it much easier to join the plywood then veneer with a single sheet. It willing be easier to buy 10x10 veneers than 10x10 plywood.

When I was building stairs we would order 4x10 sheets for the bottom riser that had to wrap around under the hand rail. Hard to find and very expensive even at that size. 

I fear Custom is your only option. But if the client is willing to pay...
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I also have become more curious.  Moving it will be interesting.  Veneer 10' long is not that hard to find.  10' wide book-match will be pricey for sure.

I have often told people "Given enough time and enough money, I can do anything."  Doubt I would use that with this customer.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood