Cutting Board with Inlay
I like it!  Nice work!
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
I like that! Thanks for the detailed pics.
(01-24-2020, 02:08 PM)bennybmn Wrote: Looks great!! You're sure getting your mileage out of those clamps
Smile Ever done this kind of inlay on an end grain board?

Thanks. And thanks to the other folks for their comments. I believe the laminate strip's long grain to cutting board's end grain conflict in a glue up like this would fail.  For an end grain board I would probably just do a more traditional shallow inlay.  JMHO ;-)
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

I did a "brick wall" one a few yeaRs ago and I actually made up end grain strips for the "grout". Definitely fragile, so you'd be limited in how tight the bend would be, but it's doable.
Benny

(01-24-2020, 10:33 PM)GeeDub Wrote: Thanks.  And thanks to the other folks for their comments.  I believe the laminate strip's long grain to cutting board's end grain conflict in a glue up like this would fail.  For an end grain board I would probably just do a more traditional shallow inlay.  JMHO ;-)

Thanks for the tutorial. Been wanting to try this for a while now. Like you said, I just couldn't bring myself to bandsaw a perfectly nice board. 
Yes
But you convinced me to give it a shot.
 Cheers, 
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me