The lowly matchstick
Shocked 
en masse
Who would think of building anything out of these.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
I remember the matchstick building from years ago. It was a cheap hobby.
Nowadays a box of full size matches are a buck a box.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

50 years ago we built matchstick crosses (wall hangings) in Cub Scouts. My mother was a den mother and we did it for a craft project-our little town was pretty religious so it wasn't an issue. I do remember it being an issue how to get them lit and extinguished-we had no plans.
(01-18-2020, 07:15 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I remember the matchstick building from years ago. It was a cheap hobby.
Nowadays a box of full size matches are a buck a box.

Fantastic, I actually looked into a few years. It was a popular hobby in the 50's and 60's.
That was fun to watch. What a skill. Thanks.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

An amazing man doing what he loves to do. Did they mention how he makes a living gluing sticks?

I thought this model of the  Eiffel Tower was designated as the tallest stick structure (at that time-2017)? Located at "Ripley's Believe it or Not" in San Antonio Texas.

If I remember- around 24 ft tall.  I did stare at it for quite some time wondering how it supported itself.

[Image: 1VQcGLZ.jpg]
(01-19-2020, 12:54 PM)daddo Wrote: An amazing man doing what he loves to do. Did they mention how he makes a living gluing sticks?

I thought this model of the  Eiffel Tower was designated as the tallest stick structure (at that time-2017)? Located at "Ripley's Believe it or Not" in San Antonio Texas.

If I remember- around 24 ft tall.  I did stare at it for quite some time wondering how it supported itself.

[Image: 1VQcGLZ.jpg]

Interesting photo, but -

what is with the . . . . ummmmm . . . "items" hanging from the ropes?

A rather unique method of displaying things in the collection.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Looks like the hanging "things" is a representation of an Indian Sun Dance.
Kind of weird and irreverent to display it in that manner, but it is Ripley's.
(01-19-2020, 02:22 PM)WJB Wrote: Looks like the hanging "things" is a representation of an Indian Sun Dance.
Kind of weird and irreverent to display it in that manner, but it is Ripley's.

A Man Called Horse?

Yea, I'm old.

Wink
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.