I need a collet for Freud FT1700 router
Question 
Just aquired a close to new Freud FT1700 router I plan on using on a small table. Unfortunately the collet seems to be a 6mm, searching I've come up empty doesn't matter if it's a half or quarter inch, anybody have one they don't need and want to sell or a good place to look, I've looked at lots of places and am coming up empty. It's a nice router for an extra, limited use table it was discontinued a few years ago.
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708
Keep trying, when Bosch took over the Freud blade/bit business they (apparently) also agreed to support the US Freud tools. So you can get parts from Bosch. The number is 630-705-7810, and the collets are (1/2") 13602.7431; for 1/4" it's 13602.7435. I suggest you get an extra nut or 2, and the part number for that is 13603.7411. Some side notes in case that fails: these collets/nut also fit the larger Freud router, the 2000 series. The collets also are interchangeable with certain Dewalt collets...the ones that fit the 625 router.  (868116-01; 1/2").  In the pic below, I thnk the Freud collet is on the left (this one is 3/8", a really handy size for me) and the Dewalt collet is on the right. Whichever one is versus the other, it is a Freud next to a Dewalt. Lastly, the part numbers I provided were from old sources and they sometimes change, but you should be able to find the crossover number if that's the case. But I have 2 Freud routers (an FT2000, and the 1700) and all the stuff described worked well for me (including a call to Bosch for parts).

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-19-2020, 08:22 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Keep trying, when Bosch took over the Freud blade/bit business they (apparently) also agreed to support the US Freud tools. So you can get parts from Bosch. The number is 630-705-7810, and the collets are (1/2") 13602.7431; for 1/4" it's 13602.7435. I suggest you get an extra nut or 2, and the part number for that is 13603.7411. Some side notes in case that fails: these collets/nut also fit the larger Freud router, the 2000 series. The collets also are interchangeable with certain Dewalt collets...the ones that fit the 625 router.  (868116-01; 1/2").  In the pic below, I thnk the Freud collet is on the left (this one is 3/8", a really handy size for me) and the Dewalt collet is on the right. Whichever one is versus the other, it is a Freud next to a Dewalt. Lastly, the part numbers I provided were from old sources and they sometimes change, but you should be able to find the crossover number if that's the case. But I have 2 Freud routers (an FT2000, and the 1700) and all the stuff described worked well for me (including a call to Bosch for parts).

Looks like some good places and information to track down. Thank You.
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708
Pretty sure you can use that info and go to EBay to find it to.  Then compare prices.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Riverdog, did you find the collet you need? Just curious.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.